|Reference # : ||17-04663
||Title : ||Engineering Manager|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date : ||08/28/2017
| Description |
Matt Morris / email@example.com / 303-867-0163
We are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader with a demonstrated ability to help engineering teams be highly performant in utilizing Agile / Scrum practices.
The Engineering Manager of is responsible for all applicable software development within the organization, including overseeing Agile teams work in areas of software requirements, definition, design and coding. This person will apply leadership acumen to supervise the work of staff and communicate work progress to stakeholders. This person is expected to demonstrate expertise in the Agile / Scrum concepts and practices and possess a strong EQ in dealing with direct reports.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Agile / Scrum practices
- Personnel management
Familiarity with agile tools and software applications:
- Establish a team culture that demands a high degree of accountability, values innovation, fosters team connectivity and performance, and exhibits high commitment to team and product objectives.
- Lead the team to deliver against agile plans and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Oversee a software development team(s) including software requirements, definition, design, coding and testing
- Have a clear understanding of customer needs and how they align or conflict with business goals and technical constraints.
- Advocate customer-first thinking
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues in product strategy, validation, documentation and quality and regulatory to deliver on the product roadmap
- Outline and execute product release plan ensuring timeliness of deliverables and regular communication of status to stakeholders
- Keep current on industry standards and technologies and understand if/how/when to implement them into the Company's product offerings
- Ensure departmental documentation is in compliance with quality system and company requirements
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and internal security requirements
Additional Beneficial Skills
- MS Team Foundation Server (preferred)
- Application design and development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel/hospitality industry experience
- Experience with high-volume transactional accounting systems (accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Experience with security protocols (i.e. OWASP Top Ten, PCI Compliance, and data encryption standards)