|Reference # : ||17-04942
||Title : ||Cloud Engineer/Cyber Software Engineer 4|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||6 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||10/19/2017 / 01/19/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: Cloud Engineer/Cyber Software Engineer 4|
Contract to Hire (Please specify candidates asking salary on submittal form)
CBP Clearance (called a CBP BI) required
Must be a US Citizen
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to provide technical expertise in design, development, deployment, and maintenance of software applications. This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player who is comfortable with managing multiple tasks and responsibilities. This position will be located in northern Virginia.
The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
• Technical Leadership –Coach and mentor team members and more junior engineers.
• Implementation Support - Design, plan, develop, refactor and configure applications for a cloud infrastructure – for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms to ensure sustainable performance and data availability.
• On Premise to Cloud Infrastructure Transformation – Architect, Design, and develop the transformation of legacy systems from legacy on premise infrastructures to vendor provided cloud infrastructure.
• Application Maintenance – Diagnose defects and improvements. Develop and implement required updates and patches.
• Performance Management - Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection.
• Help Desk Assistance – Address help desk requests for incident resolution, problem determination, and root-cause analysis of applications issues causing outage or performance degradation.
* Operations Support – Available for occasional off-hours support
This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies
• Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions
• Java frameworks, including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate
• Oracle Database technologies
• Web Application hosting on WebLogic and/or Tomcat
• 6 Years with Bachelors in Science; 4 Years with Masters; 2 Years with PhD
• Must have an active or able to obtain a Client/CBP security clearance.
• Experience with Atlassian toolsets, including JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with Java development and related frameworks
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience developing web services for an operational/production environment
• Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
• Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
• Must be a team player, self motivated, self starter and a quick learner
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
• Strong customer service experience
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required. Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 3+ years experience supporting Oracle application and database environments.
• Experience with some of the following: Docker, Springboot, Maven, Artifactory, Terraform, Saltstack, Mesos
• Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
• Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo.
• Prior experience with CBP
• Experience with Agile Scrum and/or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe).