|Reference # : ||17-04941
||Title : ||Senior Biometrics Engineer/Engineer Systems Architect 5|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||10/19/2017 / 01/19/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: Senior Biometrics Engineer/Engineer Systems Architect 5|
Contract to Hire (Please specify candidates asking salary on submittal form)
CBP Clearance (called a CBP BI) required
U.S. Citizenship Required
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for a Senior Biometrics SME to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to provide technical expertise in design, development, deployment, and maintenance of software applications. This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player who is comfortable with managing multiple tasks and responsibilities. This position will be located in northern Virginia.
The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop detailed system architecture and system design documentation for biometrics systems.
• Analyze user requirements, concepts of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications and detailed design artifacts.
• Provide the vision of the ultimate goals and mission needs for the customer as well communicate this vision to the team.
• Serve as the technical liaison with the technical, leadership, and customer teams to mature understanding of biometrics opportunities and solutions.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• A minimum of 14 years' professional experience with a Bachelor's in Science; 12 years with Master's; 9 years with PhD, and significant experience in software / systems engineering.
• 5+ years working in the field of Biometrics.
• Demonstrated ability to apply statistics, mathematics, and engineering basic skills to biometrics related problems.
• Experience with biometric sensors including fingerprint scanners and face detection toolsets.
• Experience with Agile Development.
• Position requires the individual to pass a CBP background investigation.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Bachelors in Biometric Systems
• Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience developing statistical models of biometric systems
• Experience designing and delivering facial biometric capture systems
• Experience assessing applicability of biometric modalities such as gait, iris at a distance, touchless fingerprint, or live video face capture
• Current, active Top Secret clearance
• Big Data Management and Analytics, e.g., Pivotal, HADOOP, Greenplum, Isilon
• Infrastructure: e.g., OpenStack, RedHat, VMware, Cloud ((X)aaS)
• Operating Systems : Linux, HPUX, Windows