|Reference # : ||17-05137
||Title : ||Manager, Advanced Analytics|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||11/30/2017
| Description |
The Advanced Analytics team empowers the Toys "R?Us organization through the development of predictive algorithms, Client analytical methodologies, and actionable solutions to complex business problems. As Manager of Advanced Analytics, you will work on a highly visible, flexible, collaborative team with analysts of diverse backgrounds and skill sets to solve the most challenging problems in retail.
- Execute and evaluate appropriate analyses (predictive modeling, cluster analysis, collaborative filtering, etc.) given an array of tactical and strategic objectives.
- Utilize statistical and data manipulation packages to develop innovative approaches to complex business opportunities.
- SME in both analytical data sources and tools/methodologies. Develop training and competencies within both Advanced Analytics team and broader analytics group.
- Build and grow relationships with business stakeholders. Uncover business opportunities, translate to actionable analytic projects, and see those projects through from conception to implementation.
- Interface closely with technology partners to manage analytical environment, acquire data sets, and develop production applications.
- MBA or graduate degree in Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, or related field with 3+ years' work experience in an analytics environment.
- Exceptional prioritization / delegation / time management skills. Experience leading project-based teams.
- Expertise building and evaluating supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Experience working with large data volumes. Familiarity with ETL, relational databases, and SQL.
- Ability to digest business problems and translate needs into an analytic context.
- Self-starter attitude with willingness to learn and master new technologies and analytical techniques.
- Creativity in the face of constraint; "I can solve this? mentality.
To Direct Reports
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
This position reports to the Executive Director, Analytics
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
MBA or grad degree in Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, or related field with 3+ years of work experience in analytics. Leading project based teams. Familiar with relational databases and SQL. Ability to understand business problems and translate needs into an analytic context.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Strong programming and analytical skills in major analytics software package (SAS, Python). Experience developing / managing a Hadoop environment. Experience with POS, clickstream, unstructured, test or social data. Experience developing and deploying predictive models into production.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Opportunity to be in visible role and working with key business stakeholders on a variety of critical business problems.
- Strong programming and analytical skills in a major analytics software package (e.g. R, SAS, Python).
- Experience developing / managing a Hadoop environment.
- Experience with POS, clickstream, unstructured, text, or social data.
- Experience developing and deploying predictive models into production.