Job Title: Instructional Designer III
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 06 Months
About the team:
The UX Community and Culture team?s mission is to empower UXers to build better products faster. Through an ecosystem of training, resources, and insights, we enable teams to do better work together.
About the opportunity:
Be at the forefront of shaping the future of Client UX by building core capabilities for our UX population. Part of a multi-year change management effort, the UX Capabilities is a framework for developing future-ready talent. As the UX Learning Design Lead, you will be responsible for defining the training strategy from the ground up for two key capabilities.
80%: Executive leadership has identified Collaboration and Business and Technical Acumen as two urgent capabilities to develop in our UX population. You will be responsible for the end to end program experience: defining the needs, working with SMEs to nail down learning objectives, defining the delivery mechanisms, designing the experiences, and measuring effectiveness.
20% Iterative instructional design is an important lever for the greater UXCC team. This part of the role will be dedicated to partnering with various UXCC teams to test new methods with our UXers to gage product efficacy.
Mindsets and Beliefs:
- Collaborative: you work best when you work with others. While you will be the learning expert, you will work closely with program managers and stakeholders to ensure the trainings are well aligned with the organizational needs.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: The UX organization, and UXCC, are fast moving ever-changing environments; moving the needle means adapting to change and being comfortable with uncertainty while still making progress.
- Experimental: You have a bias towards testing and learning, early and often. A core part of how you design is through iteration and frequent testing.
- User-focused: As our UXers are focused on the user, you too are focused on your user (the learner).
- Strong expertise designing engaging and impactful online and instructor-led trainings (at least 8 years)
- Stakeholder/ SME Management: Experience working and/or consulting with senior audiences
- Agile Need Analysis: Experience quickly distilling learning objectives and a learning plan from logical data points (even when you don?t have all the information)
- Online Design with focus on video (expertise with Camtasia, Captivate, or another major video software)
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders/Subject matter experts (SME)Needs Analysis (end to end design process)
- Comfort with different types of instructional design products (self-service, online, ILT
- Familiarity with HR programs
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.