|Reference # : ||20-00680
||Title : ||Claims IT Solutions Arichitect|
Whitehouse Station, NJ
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/27/2020 / 04/26/2020
| Description |
|Position Summary – Claims IT Solution Architect|
This position is accountable for effectively guiding Claim system application design, development and ongoing system performance by defining and driving a core set of architecture design artifacts using architecture best practices and strategy. This role is responsible for aligning the application architecture with the Claims target architecture. Critical to this role is an in-depth understanding of modern enterprise application architecture, system integration architecture and information systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Provide end to end application architecture and design for complex business solutions
• Lead application architecture deliverables consisting of multiple disciplines of architecture such as technology, platform and information architecture
• Drive high throughput, highly scalable and high performing applications.
• Target the development and use of reusable designs and shared services
• Deliver conceptual and high-level designs incorporating appropriate input from various platform specialists and domain experts.
• Communicate effectively with development team, business analysts and IT managers to assess support needs, assist in the identification of application needs, and to get buy-in to application architecture direction and strategy.
Technical Experience and Competencies
• Up to date knowledge and experience of industry best practices, technologies and frameworks needed to deliver modern application architecture such as microservices, Cloud platforms, SOA, multi-tier applications, web-based applications, Workflows, Object Oriented software.
• Experience designing highly scalable platforms using concepts such as clustering, load balancing, fault tolerance and on demand resource management
• Experience with applying architecture analyses to evaluate alternative options based on their impacts.
• Experience with trouble-shooting application performance and other application stability issues.
• Experience with utilizing modern SDLC processes and Agile methodologies to support iterative and incremental delivery.
• Prior experience with the Duck Creek Claims platform or other Claims platform would be a strong plus.
• Experience with using DevOps and continuous integration for delivery would be a plus.
• Expertise in Microsoft .NET Technologies – C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Assemblies, .NET Framework, XML Web Services and WCF service is a plus.
Partnership and Team Work
• Good communication and leadership. Must be able to provide guidance and feedback to technical resources (including contract resources) as well as managers.
• Demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-team and cross-area collaboration
• Ensure documentation is captured appropriately and is easily accessible to the team members
• Bachelor's Degree (required)
• 3 - 5 years application architecture experience, preferably providing solutions to the P&C Insurance industry – delivering P&C claims solutions would be a big plus
• Ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills
Location: no remote but 1 day a work from home