|Reference # : ||19-14225
||Title : ||Jr DevOps Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/04/2019 / 01/02/2021
| Description |
|Title: Jr. DevOps Engineer|
Duration: 1+ year
Location: Hermitage, TN
Looking for a Jr. DevOps Engineer with a focus on PowerShell/Python scripting with this role. Light cloud experience is nice, but the ability to script against APIs, read/write to data sources in those scripts will the primary focus.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls by leveraging existing templates, documentation and other reusable sources provided by client management
- Configure ARM (Azure Resource Manager) templates, evaluate extensibility to account for newer Azure offerings
- Configure build and release pipelines for both cloud and on-premise solutions
- Monitor and support the deployment of both cloud and on-prem applications via automation tools and practices defined by client
- Respond to service requests in your team's queue under guidance from client management
- Participate in on call rotations that occur during normal hours within your time zone
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT-related field or a minimum of 1+ years of relevant, IT experience.
- Build and deployment automation of .NET applications using one or more platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TFS/VSTS, TeamCity, Urbancode, etc.
- Basic understanding and application of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
- Working experience on IIS admin (7.5, 8.0 preferred) (MUST HAVE)
- Demonstrates a strong working understanding of troubleshooting techniques and strategies including an ability to use troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage multiple project deliverables on multiple projects effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to extract, translate and communicate meaningful information with management and peers
- 1+ years of build and deployment automation (Continuous Integration/Delivery) experience using industry-standard platforms
- Scripting experience, PowerShell is preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Working experience in Azure, AWS, or Google cloud platforms
- Working experience on Windows Server (2008/2012 preferred)
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.