|Reference # : ||19-13633
||Title : ||Project Manager|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/15/2019 / 06/14/2020
| Description |
|Project scope includes support of multiple efforts related to the Workplace Program including multiple office relocations, renewals and site closures in support of larger Transformation efforts. This individual will be accountable for managing day to day deliverables associated with the various projects (including management and coordinating plans for swing space moves; manage and coordinate efforts to vacate buildings of all equipment, resources, and services). These projects will be part of the Workplace Program and the individual will report into Global Workplace Program Office. Specific activities include development of an integrated schedule (across IT, Workplace Infrastructure Services, Facilities Engineering, HR/Change Management, Communications, Occupancy Planning and Logistics), and subsequent development of schedule of activities for non-Engineering teams. Projects will include both US and International locations, however travel is not expected. The individual will also run integrated project team meetings, develop the integrated project status, organize and lead teams to ensure deliverables and timelines are met per project objectives/timelines and pro-actively raise key issues/risks; follow and execute processes per PMO within the project teams. The individual should have demonstrated experience working with C-level executives and have executive presence. Individual should also be comfortable working in a fast-pace environment and able to effectively manage competing priorities.|
Outline of key responsibilities & deliverables:
- Responsible for the overall project management, coordination, execution, control and completion of IT and Workplace deliverables associated with the various Workplace projects.
- End-to-end execution oversight for all project deliverables related to site renovation, closure or relocation.
- Work closely with business functions as part of and ensure alignment to timelines, costs, and track mutual dependencies
- Collaborate with multi-functional and virtual teams across – BMS IT, Business functions, Vendors and Service Providers
- Focus will be on managing and driving deliverables of the various work streams within IT and GREWS (Global Real Estate and Workplace Services).
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end Project or Program lifecycle for very large complex initiatives, and meet the required business objectives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Support identification of new opportunities for process automation / digitization, and track them through execution.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of 10+ years in leading complex Infrastructure or Workplace Renovation projects in IT or Facilities.
- Ability to conceptualize Projects or Programs from start to finish to effectively manage and keep initiative on schedule while adopting to sudden changes and shifting priorities
- Creates and motivates cross-functional & cross-departmental project teams, establishes roles and responsibilities, provides direction, fosters effective team skills, and ensures that project objectives are reached on time and within budget
- Ability to complete multiple, simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and prioritize incoming work appropriately
- Ability to integrate/rollup multiple Projects within Program
- Identifies the need for and creates/implements improvements to continuously improve the Project Management Service capabilities in the organization
- Identifies, implements and champions the use of new value added techniques and process improvements to help better the IT Project Management service
- Demonstrates innovation, flexibility, open-mindedness, and adaptability in order to meet objectives in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Consistently develops others by providing them with challenging opportunities and coaching them to be successful
- Demonstrates an ability to assess and understand a wide variety of BMS business issues; Recommend and deliver IT strategies/systems/tools that provide superior value to end-client
- Demonstrates effective Project Management skills through the development of project plans, resource allocation, plan execution, consistent communications with project team members and stakeholders, status reviews, and delivery of agreed upon results
- Ability to deal with unstructured, complex Projects or Programs that will require effective communication and negotiation skills in order to define and gain agreement on appropriate actions
- Looking for a driven individual with strong communication skills and ability to efficiently manage aggressive timelines with competing priorities and challenging stakeholders.
- Delivers cost-effective, high quality Projects or Programs on-time through application of PM guidelines and standards (best practices) and effective controls while meeting requisite compliance requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, GxP etc.,)
- Achieves effective control on the Project or Program through management of scope, estimating, accounting, budget management, risk management and project closeout
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all communications within Biopharma IT, Business teams, and any third party involved in the Project or Program - effectively communicates relevant information to key stakeholders as per defined Communications plan
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with team members; Ability to lead and motivate team members to complete tasks on time