|Reference # : ||19-13091
||Title : ||Field Tech Analyst|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||02/17/2020 / 02/12/2021
| Description |
|Analyst, IT Operations |
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global IT Service Management, the Analyst, IT Operations will be responsible for operational and service management aspects of global technology infrastructure and end user computing services, both locally and remotely. Maintaining a high availability environment supporting global operations in all GPI facilities is a critical responsibility of this role.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring, assessment and support of all facets of IT services and end-user computing such as file, print, and application services including storage, and backup, network services including voice, video, data, and mobile computing.
- Work with cross platform technical teams, identify gaps, execute remediation plans, streamline processes and coordinate all technical level and service delivery support activities. Providing technical support in the diagnostic and restoration of IT services.
- Collaborate with engineering and service management teams to ensure proper deployment and monitoring of GPI IT security policies.
- Collaborate and lead engineering efforts that directly impact end user computing performance, including end point imaging, encryption, mobile data management, local data management, etc.
- Adhere to GPI's Change Management and Service Management procedures.
- Adhere to GPI standards for the tools and technology used on premise as well as cloud to provide GPI consistent delivery of IT infrastructure and end user services.
- Identify areas of improvement to improve service performance, stability, and costs.
- Collaborate with engineering and service management teams to ensure operational acceptance of all new services and technology following ITIL methodologies
- Adhere to Global Infrastructure Operations Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Lead in continuous improvement of the design and ongoing development of IT services and their associated technology and support processes across the user community.
- Provide responsive action to any high criticality operational incidents occurring during agreed levels of service, e.g. 24x7 and follow-up critical incident management support
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, with five years related experience or Associate degree with seven years related experience.
- Experience in a 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise environment that includes including application hosting, voice and data networks, security management, and information protection.
- Successful track record of collaboration with teams that deliver on operational priorities.
- Experience providing on-site and remote technical support for IT infrastructure and end user services.
- Understanding of ITIL and governance policies and associated processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a broad range of personnel across all business functions. Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Ability to work in a virtual global team environment across all time zones.