|Reference # : ||19-00242
||Title : ||QA and Test Automation Analyst (Agile Scrum team)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date : ||08/02/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English required, French an asset
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced Reliability/Secret security clearance required
Our client has a requirement for a QA and Test Automation Analyst that will be working within an Agile Scrum team to deliver test automation and test analysis specific deliverables for a project relating to an application used by the Financial Markets Department (FMD) to manage the Government and the client’s cash balances, and also to support the daily cash settlement process.
Key deliverables shall include:
- Analyzing the automation requirements for business' applications
- Generating Gherkin scenarios
- Creating robust automated test case suites using a test automation framework
- Creating test data creation tools and using them to generate test data
- Identifying gaps in the test automation framework and participating in the work to close those gaps
- Ensuring that the automation routines run on-demand or on schedule
- Verifying and documenting test results
- Participating in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Producing and presenting automated testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, testing progress, and problem areas
- Analyzing the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- Preparing testing estimates that incorporate all the activities required to effectively automate the testing of a system
- Providing advice and guidance on QA automation services, tools, and processes to management, company employees and clients
- Maintaining and adhering to IT standards and guidelines for testing and test automation
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relations with internal and external counterparts to support the Scrum team’s objectives
- Manually testing functionality that cannot be automated.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Selenium to automate web applications
- Minimum of three (3) years working in an Agile scrum team
- Demonstrated experience with Selenium and other test automation tools
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA or other defect tracking tools.
- Demonstrated experience using Gherkin and Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile projects
- Demonstrated experience working in teams dedicated to testing automation and performance
- Demonstrated experience working as a performance testing analyst
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining performance test scripts and working with JMeter.
This role will require an estimated five (5) days of on-site effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement. Please note that this is a two (2) year contract engagement with option to extend.
If you are interested in this opportunity and can meet the above-noted list of experience criteria, please submit your resume for consideration ASAP today. One of our consultants will contact you soon with further details and to discuss the opening.