|Reference # : ||19-00125
||Title : ||Cloud Support Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date : ||04/10/2019
| Description |
Our Private Sector Client is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer
What is the opportunity?
As a Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Support you will be involved in supporting the company's SaaS services and will be responsible for building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining the SaaS offering to banking clients. Working within the Cloud Support team, you will be working closely with security, compliance, operations and engineering teams.
What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Learn and become an expert on the proprietary products, for banking clients, hosted on a SaaS model and also on Azure IaaS model.
- Maintain and provide support on the client's SaaS offering hosted on Azure, inclusive of their proprietary products.
- Participate in internal, SIT & UAT manual and regression testing of SaaS environments, inclusive creation of regression suits.
- Scripting in/for a Linux based environment.
- Analysis of complex system behavior and resolution of performance and application issues.
- Analysis and Resolution alerts raised by monitoring solutions across multiple SaaS implementations.
- Carry out incident and problem management as part of SaaS platform and application support.
- Monitor and test application and environment performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- This position is part of a global cloud support team and will require you to be available on-call to provide support during out of office hours and weekends also, based on a published roster.
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- 1 or 2 years of experience writing test plans and creating manual Test Cases.
- An exemplary record of achievement in college, both academically and in extracurricular activities with Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- Technical aptitude having Problem-solving skills with an ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions.
- Knowledge of Source Code Repositories (BitBucket, Github, etc).
- Working experience with any of the issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Writing SQL statements in Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions and/or large enterprise IT environment will be a strong asset.
- Familiarity with automated build and testing platforms (team city, Jenkins, Solano Labs, etc.).