|Reference # : ||19-00102
||Title : ||Senior Program Manager|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/08/2019 / 04/10/2020
| Description |
|| Kanata, Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
| Start Date
|| 08 March 2019
| End Date
|| 10 March 2020
Our client requires the services of a Senior Program Manager for a one year (12 months) contract engagement to be based in Kanata (Ottawa, ON.).
As a Senior Program Manager, you are an articulate project leader who will drive stakeholder decisions for delivery schedules, while driving delivery performance in a dynamic environment.
You will work with Project Managers who own individual Towers. You will improve the larger program’s tracking and decision making across several Towers and across all stages of implementation including: planning, requirements gathering, contract management, design, testing, customer acceptance, deployment and Day 2 support.
Specifically, you will also own the integration of budget and master schedules and will manage the implications that feed into these. You will adjust program schedules to funding availability to regulate deliverables which meet overall program budget and milestone outcomes.
- Understand a combination of targets assigned to each partner stream: Community-level targets, functional-milestone targets, financial spend and compliance targets
- Own monthly and quarterly financial commitments, and balance activity schedules to when funding changes, more funding becomes available, or financial pressures arise
- Analyze financial impacts of updates to forecasts against targets; identify opportunities, risks, and determine appropriate adjustments within your master schedule and budget
- Develop delivery levers to speed up or slow down delivery, in response to changes in funding availability
- Respond to requests to adjust spend, scope or by driving appropriate trade-off decisions and then working with individual project managers to quickly execute on the decisions
- Lead weekly leadership forums across multiple vendor/partner streams; leverage the forums to drive required decisions across external and internal functional stakeholder leaders
- Own a complex weave of interconnected budgets and schedules including different functional areas, different internal and external companies.
Key skills and expertise required:
- Demonstrated ability to process both detailed variables, and broad strategic decisions to adjust program schedules at the correct level, understand the implications of changes in one part of a schedule and adjust the other parts of the schedule appropriately
- Demonstrated stakeholder facilitation skills, with specific experience in driving decision-making
- Comfortable with strategic plan development and implementation.
- Adept at balancing shifting priorities in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate requirements and remove roadblocks
- Previous successes in analyzing complex business changes and recommending solutions strategies/policy directions to senior management and external parties
- Solid understanding of financial budget management, including forecasting and compliance
- Advanced knowledge of the SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Partner management experience
- University or College degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Budget management, including forecasting, management of financial transactions such as accruals, financial compliance
- Team lead or indirect lead experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached.
You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Suitable applicants will be contacted ASAP for further discussion prior to submission.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.