|Reference # : ||19-00055
||Title : ||Senior Program Manager (High-Complexity Programs)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 06/28/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON. (Kanata / Nepean)
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Program Manager with demonstrable expertise in managing high complexity programs (with multi-million dollar budgets) to successful completion.
Reporting to the Project Sponsor, the Senior Program Manager will be accountable for the effective, high-quality execution of the program and delivery of business values. Throughout the lifecycle of the program, the Senior Program Manager will drive the delivery of strategic and transformational changes and provide leadership and direction in all aspects of the program.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects and phases of a given program
- Define measurable program goals
- High-quality program execution and delivery
- Ensure alignment between business and technology
- Understanding of Technology and System Architecture
- Monitor and ensure the business values within the program align with business priorities
- Coordinate the work across agile and non-Agile projects and across interrelated collections of projects and scrum teams to ensure delivery of business outcomes
- Manage activities and communications across all project teams
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the organization
- Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates to manage expectations of delivery, yielding consistent results
- Support and coach project managers within the program
- Manage program-level issues, risks, and interdependencies
- Provide program reporting and status to senior management
- Ensure compliance with processes, tools, and methodology
- Develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects
- Act as prime liaison between the business and Third Party organizations on program-related issues or inquiries
- Lead or play a key role in Scrum (or program) meetings to drive coordination
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team
- Encourage agile approaches and ability to iterate to create innovation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in managing very large programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge and experience in agile (Scrum / Kanban / Iterative development)
- Exceptional relationship skills, collaboration across lines of business
- Strong communication skills for both internal and external customers
- Strong issue resolution skills
- Strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
- Solid experience of end to end optimization processes
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead change within the organization.
- Must have managed 2 or more end to end, high complexity Programs with a budget over $50M (multiple vendors, stakeholders, and technology)
- Must have managed programs using Agile methodology with 3 or more scrum teams
- Over 10 years’ experience of contributing to the success of a range of large-to-very large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality.
Education and Certifications:
- Academic: Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field; Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
- Certifications: PMP (asset); ITIL foundations (asset); Agile (asset).
Start Date: 18/02/2019
End Date: 31/12/2019
*Possibility of a contract extension following the initial 10 month period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume for review. You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.