|Reference # : ||19-00053
||Title : ||Power BI Developers|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/06/2019
| Description |
Role and Responsibilities
Our Private Sector client requires two (2) Microsoft BI Developers.
- The Contractor will plan, analyze, design, develop and implement Power BI dashboards and reports, and will advise and assist clients in support of their self-service Power BI development.
- The Contractor will partner and collaborate with the Business and IM teams to further advance capabilities and adoption of Microsoft Power BI.
- Under the overall direction of the Project Authority, the Contractor will work as a member of the project team and shall be responsible for the following activities:
(a) Develop Power BI reports and dashboard solutions.
(b) Develop Power BI data models that aggregate data from multiple data sources to meet requirements.
(c) Configure and setup application gateway refreshes.
(d) Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system technical specifications.
(e) Provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
(f) Create mock-up reports for proof of concept reviews.
(g) Writing functional/ non-functional and integration test cases and test scripts from Power BI reporting business requirements and technical design documents.
(h) Performing Power BI report test execution and documenting test results.
(i) Assist the clients during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
(j) Develop and update technical documentation.
(k) Collaborate with our Data Architecture, Data Integration and IM teams to integrate data for Power BI applications.
(l) Share best practices to ensure we leverage the best design available.
(m) Provide training, mentoring, support and advice to clients on their self-service Power BI development and on how to query or analyze data and create robust visualizations.
(n) Participate in team meetings to provide a status report of work in progress, accomplished and problems / issues encountered.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI designing, developing and implementing dashboard and reporting solutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with the following:
a. Data warehousing design methodologies including Dimensional Data modelling; Star- Schema Modelling, Snowflake Schema Modelling, Fact and Dimension tables.
b. Business systems computer languages in particular for Oracle and MS SQL database technology (SQL, PL/SQL).
c. Developing reporting business requirements and translating those requirements into functional and technical specifications.
d. Developing test
- Experience developing and optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards and reports with a focus on usability and performance.
- Experience creating compelling and meaningful visualizations, hierarchies and drill-down in Power BI.
- Experience using DAX Data Analysis expressions and functions, Power Pivot, Enhancing Power BI visuals, Data extraction and Power query for data transformation.
- Experience with Power BI data modelling: defining a data model with calculated columns, measures and calculated tables using DAX.
- Experience with Power BI security methodologies; aligning business use cases with security solutions.
- Experience configuring Gateway services.
- Experience with Power BI development best practices, industry standard, methodologies.
- Experience with SAS and/or R language (‘nice to have’).
- Experience with integrated team delivery, coordinating deliverables and contributing to planning with management.
- Ability to communicate clearly in conversation and in presentations to both technical and non-technical staff, and to provide updates to all levels of management and customers.