|Reference # : ||18-00435
||Title : ||Intermediate Database Administrator|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 06/28/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of an Intermediate Database Administrator for a six (6) month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) – monitors, maintains and configure the performance of databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. The DBA assists in developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
The key responsibilities of the post will include the following tasks:
- Oracle database administration
- Provide DBA support to established Oracle databases in development, test and production environments.
- Be a leader in the area of Database Solution design. Work closely with project teams to develop “best fit” database solutions to meet project and business requirements
- Provide Oracle DBA support to development projects (for both application enhancements and the creation of new applications)
- Adheres to operational and documentation standards and processes (including standard build, version control and migration processes)
- Follows standard incident, problem and change management processes
- Provides status reporting to Management and escalates issues appropriately
- Develops and maintains physical data models for custom built databases and provides input into the development of logical data models.
- Follows established security compliance, audit and access management practices
- Researches and evaluates new and /or alternative solutions within area of expertise to enhance operational effectiveness
- Provides technical expertise/assistance to other Team members
- Works closely with projects and user communities to ensure the successful implementation of products/changes into the database environments
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Experience with implementation and support of multiple types of database structures
- Experience in data manipulation, normalization, integrity and validity across structures
- Experience with design and operational considerations of distributed databases
- Can discuss the basic tenets and design features of major types of database groups
- Oracle Database Administration 10g, 11g, 12c
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Oracle PL/SQL Programming
- Oracle SQL Performance Tuning
- Shell Scripting (UNIX / Linux)
- Academic : college diploma or university degree in computer science engineering or closely related discipline
- Certifications : DBA Certification, ITIL foundations (Asset)
Start Date: 07/01/2019
End Date: 06/07/2019
*Possibility of a contract extension following the initial six month period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached.
You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted ASAP for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.