|Reference # : ||18-00423
||Title : ||Test Automation Specialist (Senior)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 06/28/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of a Senior Test Automation Specialist for a nine (9) month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
This is an immediate start opening and requires a capable professional with demonstrable track-record of project delivery within the test automation domain.
The key responsibilities of the post will include the following tasks:
- Facilitates communication with the team and with other groups to ensure that test automation designs (scripts, data, expected results, etc.) are clearly understood and all test automation requirements are met
- Leads test automation efforts towards designing and implementing a maintainable automation test framework based on the standards and guidelines set forth by management and ensures Innovapost guidelines, strategies and procedures are followed
- Implements, documents, and monitors best practices for test automation across the Scrum team(s)
- Demonstrate technical leadership and act as a mentor for other test team members
- Provides updates and status reports to the Test Lead/Test Manager and/or Project Manager as appropriate
- Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve and prevent issues, ensure thorough automated testing from both a business and technical architecture perspective, and understands related support and production issues
- Converts requirements and design documents into a set of automated test cases, scenarios and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology
- Analyzes data and recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings
- Creates test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation
- Converts requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates QA activities - Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings
- Performs application specific and/or integrated end-to-end complex automated testing of key business processes using available tools and applications
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides test sign-off documentation
- Performs all functional and non-functional testing.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in automating business application and/or software tests
- Strong experience in analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments
- Experience in designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting automated test cases, scripts and scenarios
- Experience designing and implementing common test automation frameworks to maximize efficiency and minimize maintenance costs
- Experience using and leveraging automated testing tools
- Experience using telemetry tools/ dashboards
- Agile Experience
- Accessibility Testing
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles, and software release
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes.
- Selenium, SOAPUI or similar web and API test frameworks experience
Nice to Have:
- Mendix or PaaS or 4GL experience
- Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
- TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ, SonarQube, etc.
- Mobile testing and load/performance tools such as Jmeter
- Jira, Zephyr HP ALM/QTP or similar test management tool
- Continuous testing within CI/ CD construct.
Start Date: 14/01/2019
End Date: 13/10/2019
*Possibility of a contract extension following the initial 9 month period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached.
You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to email@example.com for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.