|Reference # : ||18-00422
||Title : ||Test Automation Specialist (Intermediate)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 06/28/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of an Intermediate Test Automation Specialist for a ten (10) month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
This is an immediate start opening and requires a capable professional with demonstrable track-record of project delivery within the test automation domain.
The key responsibilities of the post will include the following tasks:
- Takes responsibility for completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed
- Assists with functional and technical test case and script design reviews
- Creates automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation
- Converts requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology
- Performs end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met
- Creates test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation
- Converts requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates QA activities and test automation related activities
- Analyzes data and recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings
- Drives the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute
- Recommends adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements
- Communicates test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties
- Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides test sign-off documentation
- Performs all functional and non-functional testing.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in automated business application and/or software testing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting both application specific and integrated end-to-end automated test cases, scripts and scenarios
- 3+ years of experience in all aspects of QA
- Agile Experience
- Accessibility Testing
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles, and software release
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes.
- Selenium, SOAPUI or similar web and API test frameworks experience
Nice to Have:
- Mendix or PaaS or 4GL experience
- Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
- TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ, SonarQube, etc.
- Mobile testing and load/performance tools such as Jmeter
- Jira, Zephyr HP ALM/QTP or similar test management tool
- Continuous testing within CI/ CD construct.
Start Date: 14/01/2019
End Date: 18/10/2019
*Possibility of a contract extension following the initial 10 month period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached.
You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to email@example.com for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.