|Reference # : ||18-00419
||Title : ||DevOps Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/07/2019 / 04/30/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of an experienced DevOps Engineer for a 4-month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
This is an immediate start opening and requires a capable professional with demonstrable track record of successful project delivery, and experience working as a systems engineer supporting automated builds and continuous integration
Working in the Development Practices and Innovation CoE, the “DevOps Operations” team is the fuel that keeps the development and deployment or the continuous delivery pipeline moving. This team of multi-faceted engineers works to automate and manage all aspects of the software development life cycle as it moves through the deployment pipeline. Broad understanding of continuous integration and delivery drives these members to continuously seek new and innovative ways to streamline the process that enables effective delivery of products to the operations team. These dedicated souls manage the tools used to enable the delivery of Agile products and product lines whilst managing the day-to-day challenges of keeping the CI engine tuned to deliver.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Management of CI/CD pipeline
- Manage Legacy Deployment Activity
- Manage Configuration and Automation Backlog
- Operate, provide intake and support for various tools spanning the SDLC
- Manage and Operate Source Code Repository
- Manage and Operate Code Quality Scanning
- Manage and Operate Pipeline Orchestrator
- Manage and operate non-prod environments
- Manage environment Provisioning Requests
- Manage Infrastructure Requests Enhance Automation and Streamline
- Support patching, runtime execution, and incident management
- Manage Risk Exposure (CVE and open source inventory scanning)
- Collaborate with relevant IT teams to ensure smooth service transition of products and services into the operating environment, including operational document reviews and ensuring delivery teams adequately test product and services prior to operational handoff
- Adaptive to change and ability to quickly learn and apply concepts to business priorities.
- Extensive experience working with open source frameworks and leveraging capabilities scaled by the community at large
- Proven experience working as a systems engineer supporting automated builds and continuous integration
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging, and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise
- Broad IT knowledge and a strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services.
Nice to Have:
- Proven experience as an operations engineer supporting multiple applications in various environments
- Proven technical leadership
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches.
- Proven experience managing large-scale projects delivering cross-functional components from software to middleware and infrastructure
- Proven experience evaluating, and introducing new technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations
- Understanding of Platform-as-a-Service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management
- Understanding of 12-Factor App methodology.
Start Date: 07/01/2019
End Date: 30/04/2019
*Please note that there is a strong possibility of an extension pass a 1-year duration when this project gets its long-term approval in March 2019.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached. You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.