|Reference # : ||18-00418
||Title : ||Test Automation Specialist (Intermediate)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 06/28/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
| Security Clearance
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of an Intermediate Test Automation Specialist for a six (6) month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
This is an immediate start opening and requires a capable professional with demonstrable track-record of project delivery within the test automation domain.
The key responsibilities of the post will include the following tasks:
- Takes responsibility for completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed
- Assists with functional and technical test case and script design reviews
- Creates automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation
- Converts requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology
- Performs end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met
- Drives the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates test automation related activities
- Analyzes data and recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings
- Recommends adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements
- Communicates test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties
- Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides test sign-off documentation.
- 1-3 years of delivering test automation in Agile software development projects (either regression or in-sprint) including integration of automation with DevOps (CI process)
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience any 3 of the following required:
- SuperTest, Mocha, Jasmin – test automation framework
- SoapUI / LoadUI
- Karate web service automation framework
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Git, Bitbucket (working with branches, merging and performing pull requests).
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Proven success in contributing to Agile software development teams and delivery test automation in-sprint
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility & Adaptability.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with the following technologies/cloud environments/design patterns/test types:
- Apache Kafka
- Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft Azure
- Actor model
- Apache Cassandra
- Jenkins CI
- Load/performance tools such as JMeter, LoadUI, Gatling, Grinder, LoadRunner
- Service virtualization experience.
Start Date: 14/01/2019
End Date: 28/06/2019
*Possibility of a contract extension following the initial six month period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached.
You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.