|Reference # : ||18-00410
||Title : ||ETL Developer - Intermediate|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/17/2018 / 10/25/2019
| Description |
|| Ottawa, ON.
|| English Required
|| Enhanced / Secret Clearance Required
Our client requires the services of an intermediate level ETL Developer for a six (6) month contract to be based in Ottawa, ON.
This is an immediate start opening and requires a capable professional with demonstrable track-record of successful project delivery within the ETL development domain.
The ETL Developer – Intermediate, will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy
identified data model and business requirements
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions
- Perform data analysis and data
modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings
- Load target databases using complex transformations that come from many systems
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Participate in the design sessions
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run-book
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document) or User Stories.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in relational databases, ETL, and Data Warehousing technologies such as IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage)
- 1+ years ETL design and development with one or more leading ETL products and solutions
- 2+ years developing or architecting application systems
- 1+ year with Data Warehousing, Data Integration, ETL tools, Data Quality tools, Databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent design documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple platforms and formats, including SSIS, DataStage, structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple data platforms including but not limited to SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Cloud Unstructured database services
- Demonstrated EDW process and design methodology
- Demonstrated agile development and modelling abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise design methodology.
Nice to Have:
- 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience in Teradata
- Experience in IBM DataStage and Data Warehousing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud & hybrid on-premise design fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge with data modelling tools.
*Some travel to Toronto may be required.
Job Posting Start Date: 07/01/2019
Job Posting End Date: 06/07/2019
*Term may be extended up to maximum of two years.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a detailed resume with two references attached. You can submit your details through the job application button, or email directly to email@example.com for consideration.
Suitable applicants will be contacted asap for further discussion prior to submission.
Looking forward to hearing from you.