|Reference # : ||18-00255
||Title : ||System Administrators (Level 2 & 3) - MS Windows|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date : ||05/09/2018
| Description |
|System Administrators (Level 2 & Level 3) - MS Windows|
Location: Ottawa, ON.
Security Clearance: Secret (Level II) Clearance required
Duration: 12 months (plus additional extensions)
Our Federal Government client has an upcoming need for multiple Level 2 and Level 3 Windows System Administrators to provide day-to-day operations, installation, maintenance and support services for ongoing operations and projects on various platforms. Support will be required on-site and/or on an "on-call" basis, including some overtime.
The resources may also be required to work on various platforms at the same time - i.e. MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/current versions, plus others to be determined.
Tasks/Technical Specifications for some of the key services to be provided by the Intermediate/Senior Windows System Administrators are as follows:
- Second and third level support (Installation, configuration, analysis, maintenance, and support) - primarily (80% level of effort) supporting at least two of the following:
- MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/current version systems operating in a networked environment utilizing Internet-based technology
- System Management including System Installation, Configuration, Administration, Analysis and Maintenance
- Documentation development and maintenance for software installation, migration, and operations
- Performing Project Management as it relates to a System Support environment
- Providing support to multiple partners and clients including application development teams
- Monitoring and processing of service management systems such as Infoman/ECD and responding to Incident Reports (IRs), Requests for Changes (RFCs), Problem Reports (PRs) and Solution Requests (SRs) within defined SLAs
- Analyzing business requirements/technical incidents/problems, design and implement sound solutions
- Any other related tasks as highlighted by the Windows Operations Manager.
The Resource(s) must create and maintain the following deliverables:
- Documentation - such as, but not limited to:
- Weekly Status Reports
- Installation procedures and Build Books
- Maintenance procedures
- Specifications and standards
- Design documentation
- Solution and Implementation Requests
- Support procedures, backup and restore procedures, etc.
If you are interested in these opportunities and can fit the experience and skills criteria as detailed above, please submit your resume for consideration today and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss further.
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.