|Reference # : ||19-241630
||Title : ||Deskside Support Tech |
|Position Type : ||SOW|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||09/02/2019
| Description |
|Deskside Support Analyst |
The DSS Support Analyst position, reporting directly to the Team Lead, investigates and resolves software and hardware issues via phone support as well as desk-side visits as needed. This includes but not limited to desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, mobile devices, Mac Books and iPads. The Technician is responsible for problem and service request management, working directly with the end users as well as with multiple IT departments. Assist in the support and implementation of technology solutions. The Technician will be responsible for local and remote users.
- Provide customer-focused, quality service.
- Troubleshoot information technology issues via phone queue and desk-side visits including software, hardware, and networking.
- Log and track all calls and requests using an incident management tool.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Provides technical assistance, troubleshooting and training to system users in order to maintain a productive computing environment.
- Support both local and remote users.
- Provide level 2 and desk-side support for over 6000 devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot mobile devices such as blackberries, cell phones, broadband cards, and iPads.
- Desktop relocations and the support of various output devices such as printers, labelers, and their associated peripherals.
- Work with level 1 analysts, network engineers and IT Management as a tier 2 subject matter expert.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Set-up and move computers, monitors, peripherals, and user data, as they occur.
- Maintain computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, planning, and implementing desktop rollout projects; installing hardware and software solutions.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Analyze trends and assist in creating action plans that determine a solution.
- Perform desktop upgrades, installs and configurations.
- Perform system images for desktops, laptops, and handheld devices.
- Contribute to and help maintain an up-to-date technical documentation.
- Work directly with the asset management team and deploy hardware refreshes when needed.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established policies, procedures, and SLA's.
- Maintain quality of service by defining desktop standards; establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Demonstrate flexibility by working varying shifts and responding to unanticipated events.
- Maintain professional phone skills while applying knowledge to day-to-day experiences.
- Effectively use business standard oral and written communication skills on a daily basis.
- Travel on request to alternate client offices.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to work independently and stay self-motivated.
- Ability to understand user needs and articulate a solution.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively via documentation, telephone, and e-mail with customers and peers in varying roles
- Excellent skills in the following areas: Communication - Interpersonal - Analytical - Problem Solving.
- Ability to troubleshoot system and application password/login issues.
- Proficient in MS Windows and Apple platforms.
- Excellent understanding of LAN/WAN connectivity, PC software, Windows and Apple operating systems and applications, networks, and hardware (peripherals) with moderate-to-high level software, network and hardware troubleshooting skills gained through experience and/or training.
- Excellent understanding of Help Desk environment including operations, processes, etc.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of Associate's degree or completion of Technical Program or equivalent experience. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of IT support experience preferred.
- A+ Certification required or must be obtained within 90 days