|Reference # : ||18-08751
||Title : ||Job opening for Business Analyst in Redwood City, CA|
Redwood City, CA
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||03/05/2018 / 09/04/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: Business Analyst|
Location: Redwood City, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Business Analyst with a scientific background, preferably with experience in the Pharmaceutical business. If candidates have experience in Data Science, or Spotfire that is a big plus. Manager is not looking for years of experience and more focused on quality and diversity of background.
Science background, preferably, in Life Science. Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Genetics, Oncology.
Client has developed a highly successful portfolio of companies, assets, and capabilities as part of the company's strategies to Client and develop new medicines and therapies. The Redwood City, CA site is central to that strategy and our Research into Biologics technologies. The ability to streamline data-driven decisions across Biologics Discovery is critical to deliver on our promise to help patients prevail over serious diseases.
Client is seeking a Sr. BA to analyze data workflows and develop use-cases for building a business case in support a Biologics data warehouse investment. This Investment will have several areas of focus, including data capture, ontology/semantics, registration, and data visualization. A warehouse has several capabilities: centralizes data and aggregates disparate data sets, creates a digital historical record of research, and in short improves data "recognizability" and "findability". The investment will lead to better data driven decisions and improved business intelligence that is crucial to the long-term strategy of Biologics Discovery and Biologics IT.
Responsibilities – IT Business Analysis
• Work with Informatics team and scientific groups to complete Enterprise Analysis in support of project justification and planning
• Execute stakeholder assessments and manage stakeholders/sponsors
• Perform analysis due diligence to Client root cause of challenges and articulation of business needs
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, Research scientists, and Informatics colleagues to understand business processes, identify business challenges, and gather & analyze current practices and standards
• Generate cohesive documentation of:
• "As Is” Process Models of various biologic data workflows
• Record Use Cases and Stories of business processes and stakeholder interactions
• Capture and manage high-level & low-level requirements
• Analyze several project datasets for early data modeling prototypes
• Identify instances where existing processes may be streamlined or improved
• Work with stakeholders to identify qualitative improvements and calculate quantitative benefits of implementing proposed solution
• Contribute to development of business plan for full implementation
• Contribute to development of "To Be” Process Models
• Work with Informatics team to estimate implementation costs and calculate ROI
• Contribute to Project Management planning activities
• Assist informatics team and project sponsor in devising and implementing a communication and change management strategy in support of project launch
• Infrequent overnight travel to central NJ sites
• At least 5 years of prior experience working in an analyst capacity on large and/or complex projects in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Exposure to the Biopharmaceutical Research & Development industry; in particular a working knowledge of early stage Drug Discovery in early Research and Development
• Experience in an analyst capacity on a large scale COTS project, a custom development project, and/or combination of both (impacting 100+ Users across multiple domains)
• Experience with formal SDLC practices, emphasis on Analysis & Design stages
• Experience with formal Agile practices
• Proven ability in gathering, tracing, translating and managing complex requirements, business rules, and data
• Proficient in GUI mockups & prototyping
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical writing / documentation; organizes and presents ideas in a convincing and compelling manner
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams; able to provide technical leadership
• Outgoing personality; self-starter able to work interactively and independently with stakeholders
• Possess strong business acumen; possess a broad, enterprise-wide view and understanding of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, or life sciences. Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology backgrounds a plus.
• Experience with process modeling tools (ARIS, Visio, etc.) to identify, capture, define, and analyze business processes
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Lean Thinking / Six Sigma educated a plus.
• CBAB/CCBA Certification a plus
Interested candidates can send their updated resumes on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also reach me at 973-967-3431.