|Reference # : ||17-91346
||Title : ||Medical Director/ Drug Safety Physician |
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/02/2018 / 01/02/2019
| Description |
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Posting Title: Medical Director/ Drug Safety Physician
Job Id: BIIBJP00009289
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 12 months
Responsible for global pharmacovigilance for marketed and/or investigational products, including review and analysis of safety data from post-marketing sources and from clinical trials, the identification and investigation of safety signals, management of benefit-risk profile for assigned compounds and products. Responsible for keeping upper management informed of safety issues and may work with clinical programs as medical advisor. May represent client Safety and Benefit Risk Management at internal and external meetings.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the flexibility and capability to function across multiple disease areas and will be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment to advance the safety and biological understanding of compounds through life cycle. The individual who assumes this position will interact with multiple levels of management within client, external stakeholders in the medical community as well with global regulatory authorities.
1) Manage safety surveillance for assigned compounds / products
• Manage collection, in cooperation with a PV scientist, of current data for safety signaling and identify and investigate safety signals.
• Conduct analysis of safety data.
• Ensure adequacy of recording, summarizing, and handling of adverse events for investigational and/or marketed client products including decisions on seriousness, expectedness, and causality.
2) Integrate the safety scientific component to build a strategic framework for clinical development plans.
3) Develop and maintain relationships with program counterparts in Clinical Development, Pre-Clinical Safety, Research, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Clinical Pharmacology, Worldwide Medical.
Ensure the accurate and timely completion and reporting of periodic and expedited safety reports, in compliance with internal timeframes and timeframes dictated by regulatory authorities.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, clinical care setting, or Academia.
• Industry experience in early clinical development is highly desirable.
• Benefit-risk related strategy experience required.
• Knowledge of clinical pharmacology and pre-clinical safety highly desirable.
• Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and excellent organizational skills.
• Capacity and willingness to work effectively across disease areas.
• The ability to lead directly and by influence, including strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture
• MD, or MD PhD, or MD MPH required; sub specialty training highly desirable
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org / 973.967.3540
Assistant Manager- Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3540 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Nisha.Samuel@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Women-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube