|Reference # : ||17-72324
||Title : ||UNIX/AIX Support - Onsite Southbury CT !!|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||02/20/2018 / 02/20/2019
| Description |
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: UNIX/AIX Support
Job ID: 17-72324
Location: Onsite Southbury CT !!
Duration: 12 Months+ contract
Experienced working knowledge of:
- AIX / UNIX skills including: AIX 5.3, AI Securit and CSM. Preferably in a production support environment
- Websphere MQSeries to support inter-application communications, problem determination & resolution.
- Websphere Application Server (WAS) to support problem determination & resolution.
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) to support all application job scheduling, problem determination & resolution.
- Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to support the storage servers and all aspects of system & audit data backup & recovery.
- Strong working experience with Problem Recovery and Change Management processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Customer facing experience is desired
Additional CAPS responsibilities include:
- Work in the Command Centre in accordance with the shift pattern, adjusting and knowing customer key business events during the shift and progressing problems in line with defined requirements.
- Provide immediate attention and complete focus to high priority problems or service related issues.
- Communicate actively with the Command Center staff, Tech Leads, Team Lead and CC Manager regarding potential business impacting incidents and liase with other support teams when necessary.
- Perform daily review of the Problem & Change management queues by prioritizing important issues and facilitate progression of root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Take ownership of unassigned records in accordance with role priorities, update ACTIVE records assigned to yourself, check for pending updates assigned to you and other CAPS team members from third party or Level3.
- Accurate impact analysis of problems encountered with the customer, and how this will affect the business.
- Manage individual education roadmap and also ensure the CAPS team is on course to meet targets. Be proactive in growing skills in specialist area.
- Resolve and/or workaround problems within the customer application under the guidance of the Technical Leads. Provide valuable problem determination ideas for customer and its members.
- Work with third party applications that play an important role within the customer application.
- Take calls from the customer when required. Log all incoming problems with accurate detail by adhering to defined templates to ensure that all necessary initial information for Problem Determination is gathered.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge and experience of the E2E infrastructure and network, the customer application, business functionality, business time line and the existing monitoring and automation tools.
- Perform Generic application support responsibilities and pro-active monitoring of the customer environment, such as; core, gateways and other key application.
- Contribute and involve to increase team knowledge and assist in project improvements.
- Pro-actively work to automate manual tasks, removing the potential for human error.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Flexible to be on standby and work holidays.
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Sharabh.Goyal@artechinfo.com / 973.967.3469
Assistant Manager - Staffing
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3469 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Women-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube