|Reference # : ||19-235172
||Title : ||UX Research Assistant|
San Francisco, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||08/05/2019 / 02/04/2020
| Description |
Title: UX Research Assistant
Location: Both San Francisco (primarily) and Mountain View. Team is currently sitting in both locations. Many lab sessions will be held in SFO.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow. " We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters, and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently. Will include some travel between San Francisco and Mountain View. Possible off-site studies may be required.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
Preparing for and administering lab studies, user testing, questionnaires, and interviews
Conducting desk research, like lit reviews and competitive analyses
Analyzing and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data, and creating and sharing findings/recommendation reports with stakeholders
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior with 1-3 years of experience OR undergrad with equivalent experience of 3-4 years in research.
- 1–3 years working in user research in a product development setting at a technology company Experience in user research methods, including lab studies and survey design, and able to articulate strengths and shortcomings, including when and how to apply them
- Some experience doing business research, such as competitive analysis, SWOT, and industry and market research
- Detail-oriented and yet flexible to changing schedules and different projects Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects
- Desired Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred