|Reference # : ||19-208916
||Title : ||Purchasing Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/11/2019
| Description |
|Job Title: Purchasing Specialist|
Location: Dalton, GA (relocation assistance available)
Terms: Direct Hire/ FTE
Pay Rate: Commensurate for mid-level purchasing professionals
Artech is looking for a Purchasing Specialist in the Dalton, GA area. This is a must have role that we are looking to start interviewing for immediately. The right person will have a solid background with organizing, controlling, and monitoring purchasing activities for materials and also introducing strategies. Must have an engineering background due to the nature of the parts being purchased and must be bi-lingual Korean/ English. Please send your most recent, up-to-date resume and questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate action.
The Purchasing Specialists are responsible for purchasing and logistics tasks for the GA Plant. This individual will organize, control, and monitor purchasing activities for assigned raw materials or machine parts and also introduce purchasing strategies targeting maximum contribution to the operating result. This position will work in a cross-functional team environment within Plant as well as other subsidiaries of Hanwha Group.
- Track the progress of PO from creation to delivery.
- Check PR/PO/GR in SAP. (Monthly AP Closing included)
- Determination of Purchase Order on basis of the sales forecast and the stock level.
- Goods Receipt, article creation and modification, system flow management, and other transactions in SAP.
- Follow the payment and divers financial issues with the Finance Team.
- Key contact for coordination of actions for inventory management.
- Out of stock and risk management with the concerned services. (quality, export service, packaging, marketing)
- Negotiate with oversea plants and markets, and propose logistics solution.
- Report on annual expenditures and savings in line with business plan.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders regarding purchasing task.
- Negotiate with external accounts for competitive unit price and contract terms.
- Supervise suppliers' performance in lead-time, reactivity, reliability, and flexibility.
- Participate in the plant's production plan and capacity optimization.
- Participate in the inland and oversea transport optimization to reduce cost.
- Manage purchasing task by types of suppliers to fit the materials' properties.
- Ensure close relationship with suppliers in respective domain, such as machine parts management, lead-time, expedition, and reception.
- Intensive management of a supplier when issues arise.
- Act as key contact for respective suppliers
- Build strong collaboration network with other supply chain service providers to obtain information and to synchronize process.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of company.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in SCM, Business Management, or related fields
- Korean/ English bilingual
- 5+ years of purchasing or procurement experience with STRONG engineering background
- Ability to travel by car and travel overseas
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced work environment in areas that are not climate controlled
- Experience in high tech manufacturing industry and startups
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and SAP