|Reference # : ||19-205241
||Title : ||Construction Manager (Public Works projects 20 Million+)|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/14/2019 / 09/30/2019
| Description |
|Artech is currently recruiting candidates for a Construction Manager (Public Works projects 20 Million+) opportunity located near Reno, NV 89501|
Contract Duration: 9 months plus
- 5-10 years minimum experience in managing projects in the $20M and above range as a Construction Manager or Field Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration.
- A thorough understanding of estimating and source materials.
- Ability to review contractors’ schedules.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MS Office, P6, SharePoint.
- Confident and well-spoken.
- Must be able to pass a background and security check
- State of California Public Works experience, preferably with correctional work.
- General understanding of building codes.
- Ability to organize and manage small contractors on very complex projects and coordinate with public agency.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering and construction principles, practices and procedures, applicable laws and government regulations, principles of management and supervision and procedures and policies of departments and facility.
Job Responsibilities / Summary:
- Meets construction management operational standards by contributing to strategic plans and forward thinking.
- Creates value to the customer by developing strong working relationships; proactive thinking and actions; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; problems solving and identifying continual improvements.
- Assists with the creation construction procedures to guide construction management staff in meeting project goals and milestones; monitoring and evaluating schedules; identifying variances; tracking and follow up, and implementing corrective actions.
- Assists in preparation of construction Monthly Reports for presentations at team and executive session meetings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing construction data and trends.
- Works with the client, client representatives, staff and management in a collaborative manner.
- Monitors onsite construction activities including but not limited to, the verification of: Materials and equipment on hand, schedule invoices pertaining to materials, progress of onsite construction work and completion dates.
- Works with Client and Contractors to find areas of opportunity to improve project and milestone schedule.
- Monitors Contractors’ progress. Makes recommendations to Project Manager (PM) for assessment of liquidated damages as necessary. Analyzes and makes recommendations on weather impacts.
- Coordinates with utility companies as necessary.
- Responds to stakeholder questions and facilitates stakeholder participation in project.
- Coordinates with Activation Team, Institution and other project stakeholders.
- Conducts job site meetings with the Contractor including weekly progress meetings, quality, scheduling and phasing, payment, and other coordination or field activities as they occur.
- Provides recommendations and documentation regarding: Contract disputes, Schedule Variances, Change Orders (CO) and Proposed Change Orders(PCO), Liquidated damages, Architect potential errors and omissions
- Evaluates Contractors’ proposed change order proposals for merit, cost and schedule impact and mitigating alternatives. Develops the state’s estimate and assists with negotiations. Prepares all PCO and CO documentation for PM and Client approval. Updates and Maintains PCO and CO Logs.
- Participates in risk analyses identification and mitigation strategies.
- Develops and maintains project files for issues which have the potential to result in disputes.
- Reviews and provides input to Client and PM on the adequacy of Contractors’ personnel, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors Contractors’ submittals to and from responding parties. Distributes approved submittals to State Inspectors. Tracks review times to ensure timely and comprehensive response. Reports submittal status to PM and Client. Updates and maintains Submittal Log.
- Receives tracks and monitors all Requests for Information (RFIs) to and from responding parities. Distributes RFIs to State Inspectors. Tracks review times to ensure timely comprehensive response. Reports RFI status to PM and Client. Updates and maintains RFI Log. Ensures the Inspector of Record has reviewed each RFI for OSHPD, Fire Marshal and accessibility compliance.
- Ensures RFIs are posted on construction documents and kept current.
- Verifies and recommends approval of Contractors’ progress payments. Updates and maintains Payment Log.
- Monitors contractors’ conformance with permits, CEQA and settlement requirements. Assists Client with tracking and processing of permits, CEQA and settlements as appropriate.
- Assists the State inspectors and monitors Contractors’ conformance with quality requirements.
- Coordinates with inspectors, Architect and Client staff on the development of a list of deficiencies to determine Contractors’ compliance and completion of work. Manages the correction of such deficiencies and maintains Deficiency Log.
- Assists with input to the monthly report, exception reports, and contingency reports submitted to Client in its MIS system.
- Coordinates the schedule for installation and the receipt of the owner furnished equipment with the Contractors’ schedule.
- Reviews the Contractors’ Daily Reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates start-up, testing and commissioning of building systems with the commissioning agent.
- Must be able to pass Client security clearance.
- Relocation assistance will be available for non-local candidates.
- Temp Living and long term living expenses can be available for non-local candidates
Artech is an EEO an Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer