|Reference # : ||18-63774
||Title : ||Packaging Engineer|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||11/12/2018 / 11/11/2019
| Description |
|Company: Artech Information Systems|
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
Duration: 12+ months
Job Id: 18-63774
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Years’ Experience Required. 2+ years’ related experience; medical device, pharmaceutical, or related industry preferred
Will there be OT? If needed, yes
Top required skills:
Packaging, Medical Industry & RCA Experience
- Identify and lead cost reduction opportunities (≤$100K) in regards to Packaging.
- Provide technical support and training to manufacturing in regards to packaging systems and machinery.
- Prepare packaging validation protocols and reports to support packaging changes.
- Perform packaging validation testing to support changes.
- Lead material qualifications for packaging changes such as resin material changes.
- Create and update packaging specifications for manufacturing.
- Assist in artwork creation and revisions for product packaging.
- Operate various testing apparatus in qualifying packaging changes.
- Create sterilization pallet patterns as well as non-sterile pallet patterns for manufacturing locations.
- Ensure on time delivery to Project Engineering and R&D schedules and plans.
- Prepares monthly progress reports on projects.
- Provides work direction to lab technicians as required.
- Assists in mentoring of junior engineers
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct review meetings with multiple facilities regarding packaging issues.
- Provide support to various departments such as R&D regarding packaging issues.
- Create and update packaging specifications for documentation.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor’s Degree Packaging Science, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
Years of Experience
- 2+ years’ related experience; medical device, pharmaceutical, or related industry preferred.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required
Core Knowledge In:
Developing Knowledge In:
- Packaging Engineering
- Lab standards
- Packaging materials & sterilization processes
- Root cause analysis / CAPA
- Design Control
- Managed or lead root cause analysis / CAPA
- 6 Sigma and Lean Principals
- Project Management Principals
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: This is an optional section, and can include things not easily identified from the resume, but more likely to be explored during the interview process.
- Ability to prepare written policies, procedures, proposal, and reports.
- Effective communication skills with both superiors (department managers), peers, and subordinates.
- Ability to plan and document projects effectively. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects by way of good organizational skills.