|Reference # : ||18-54934
||Title : ||Insurance Verification Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/07/2018
| Description |
|The Pre-Authorization and verification specialist's mission is to obtain authorizations for patients with insurance, in a timely manner. The position helps patients and insurers understand their financial obligations and expedites the collection of payments and balances. The position works closely with other staff and business partners to accurately receive and verify referrals and get authorizations when necessary. Pay: $16-20/hr, DOE.|
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Technical and Soft Skills:
- Enters and verifies patient information, EOBs, and other billing data for accuracy to prevent reimbursement delays.
- Is able to make and field calls from insurers and providers concerning authorizations and necessary referrals.
- Reviews daily insurance EOB's, checks, and other correspondence for action.
- Help improve patient appointment, cancellation, no-show, and payment rates.
- Fields questions and resolves issues from providers, staff, partners and vendors.
- Maintains Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code set to meet current standards.
- Reviews ALL upcoming appointments to make sure that all incoming patients have what they need in order for their insurance (if applicable) to cover their agreed upon amount.
- Solid understanding of insurance principles, terminology and regulations that affect healthcare billing and coding.
- Practical appreciation and adherence to HIPAA regulations, medical law and ethics.