|Reference # : ||18-53662
||Title : ||Government Consultant|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/21/2018 / 12/21/2018
| Description |
Company: Artech Information Systems LLC
Position: Government Consultant
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Reference Code: 6629-1
This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor in Government Consulting, who works independently with minimal supervision. The purpose of this job is project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs. Also, this role uses it's expertise to provide the technical review of data, manages tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client.
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow's health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs. To fulfill this role, the Government Consultant will:
• Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project. Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models. Take detailed notes on client calls, to ensure accurate information collected to determine project and data scope
• Initiate the data model architecture, evaluate the project scope to determine if can update an existing data model or if need to create new data model. Define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor. Ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments
• Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide junior staff training as needed to complete project tasks. Act as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide work arounds for obstacles that arise
• Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead. Think through data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on address issues regarding the data anomalies
• Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to junior staff; manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables; ensure client deliverables are client ready
• Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
• Participate on interviewing teams and/or act a mentor for junior staff
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Minimum - two years of industry experience required
• Through understanding of healthcare data.
• Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language
• Knowledge of MS Office Tools.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
• Ability to partner and lead small teams to deliver project objectives
• Ability to work independently and on a team
Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Thanks & Regards,
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.507.7548 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: prithwiraj.C@artech.com | Website: www.artech.com
Artech is the #1 Largest Women-Owned IT Staffing Company in the US!
Connect with us on - LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter