|Reference # : ||18-53471
||Title : ||Program Manager- General Procurement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||09/26/2018
| Description |
||The Program Management & Operations team for General Procurement is the integration, transformation, and operational excellence arm of General Procurement. The department seeks to transform how Lenovo does operational business and achieve excellence in supplier relationships through timely use of data, process improvements, and strategic project management. The position assists the Global Category Managers and their Management with implementation and maintenance of programs and strategic initiatives.
As a Program Manager, the candidate will be called upon to lead initiatives, team build with stakeholders, and integrate the programs centered on audit and corporate controls. This candidate will be expected to manage the creation, integration, and transformation needed to drive successful programs to conclusion. Independence and the ability to self-start and motivate teams will be critical. Successful program management will be indicated by adherence to, improvement in, and integration of business processes & controls, successful collaboration with a global, cross-functional team, and project coordination based on organizational changes, including company acquisition and related business integration.
Such programs and initiatives can include but are not limited to:
• Leading complex integration of procurement functions of acquired businesses, in alignment with Lenovo's global policies and programs
• Driving special projects and programs with global, cross-functional teams to meet all key deliverables
• Designing consolidated reports for executive use describing current project or program status
• Working with Executive & Director level managers and global teams to gather inputs and assess information needed to maintain successful project and program management
• Identify process enhancement opportunities and develop business case to drive management support
• Working as a General Procurement liaison with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintaining General Procurement audit preparedness in alignment with our purchasing policies
|Required Technical/Functional Skills:
Expert in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office
The selected candidate will exhibit the following abilities:
• Analytics – ability to analyze data to determine current state and next development steps of the program.
• Project Management – Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task to drive maximum benefit.
• Problem solving – Ability to understand objectives, identify obstacles, initiative root cause analysis, mitigate risk, and develop and implement recommendations for alternative solutions;
• Process Management – Ability to understand processes and integrate them with existing structure and controls.
• Exceptional Communication skills – Oral and Written (including presentations)
• Business maturity -- Ability to drive sound decision making, prepare and present business presentations, and summarize status to senior/executive leaders;
• Team -- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and drive work successfully within a global, matrix team environment;
• Independence -- Ability to complete tasks and initiatives with minimal amount of supervision;
• Fact-seeking -- propensity to do appropriate research
||BS or BA degree (minimum 5 years' experience) in a related field
|Preferred Technical/Functional Skills:
||MBA candidates are preferred, particularly with business experience in a related field.
PMP certification desired
Project management experience is not necessary, but is desirable