Job Title: Senior IT Business Analysis Specialist
Location: Hoboken, NJ
This position is for a seasoned professional individual contributor in Information Technology, who works independently with minimal supervision. Gathers data requests and; uses in-depth domain knowledge from Project Managers and clients; analyzes client expectations in order to rationalize an application solution. Handles and supports external facing stakeholders and technology projects involving specialized technology software products.
Looking for a Lead Business Analyst to assist in financial application implementation and deployment activities. The Lead Business Analyst must work closely with the owners and users of the system, to understand and analyze the business requirements, assist with improving business processes utilizing their experience as well as their expertise in the products being used. The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for the end-to-end solution delivery, including creation of various artifacts that are required, Configuration of the application, support design review sessions, support testing design, support training, support deployment coordination, support, knowledge sharing within and across teams, support in transition and handover of the financials systems to the Production Support Team..
Core Responsibilities Include:
1. Business Stakeholders Meetings
• Coordinates and conducts requirements gathering workshops and produces associated deliverables.
• Identifies issues, potential solutions and presents this information to Sr Leaders
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions, delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
• Work with the change management team to ensure product documentation including user guides, implementation guides and product information are maintained and up to date.
2. Business Requirements
• Works with internal business stakeholders to analyze and clearly document business requirements, processes and related business rules.
• Conducts fit-gap analysis on the business requirements with the production of high quality solutions.
• Translates requirements into functional specifications and high-level prototypes.
3. End to End Testing
• Environment configuration and documentation
• Responsible for Unit and Integration end-to-end testing in readiness for UAT
• Supports UAT, Regression and Performance testing.
• Assists with, or performs the delivery of end-user training
• Responsible for post-go live application support and transition to Support group.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' experience as a full time business analyst in a financial or software product environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including exposure to MS Project and Visio
• Extensive experience of the full software development life cycle
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent analytical skills – able to analyze and solve problems. Ability to accurately identify, document and recommend solutions to complex business problems.
• Excellent research and information gathering skills.
• Innovative – seeks out innovative solutions and champions continuous improvement.
• Initiative – takes independent action and goes beyond what the job or situation requires.
• Prioritization – ability to organize deliverables in order to accomplish multiple and changing priorities within specified timeframe.
• Results oriented – strives to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance.
• Ability to work in a distributed team environment.
• Strong product knowledge of the latest Oracle versions is essential.
In addition it would be an asset if the experience included the below (not mandatory)
• Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB) Application
• Invoicing Applications for Insurance Brokerage.
• Experience in Oracle E-Business Suite Financials (Oracle EBS)
• SQL skills to query SQL databases.
• Experience in system integration and data quality projects.