|Reference # : ||18-51150
||Title : ||Engineer Product II|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||10/15/2018 / 10/31/2019
| Description |
Job Title: Engineer Product I / Engine Performance Development Engineer
Job ID: : JDJP00017801
Location: Waterloo, IA
Duration: 12months to start, (possible extension)
In addition, you will:
- As an Engine Performance Development Engineer located in Waterloo, IA, you will develop diesel engine calibrations to meet existing and future emissions regulations and customer application requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute test plans to thoroughly evaluate engine performance and emissions Support and execute test cell activities for multiple shift operation.
- Perform engine analysis projects using GT Power Develop and maintain professional working relationships with test lab personnel and other engine functional groups including controls, base engine design and development, PV&V, and applications.
- Independently analyze test data, create and present summary and conclusion of results and bring recommended course of action.
- Document test results and conclusions in a timely manner.
- Prepare and release performance and emissions calibrations to support application software releases. Support documentation and factory implementation
- Contribute to discussions of potential concepts to meet future emissions regulations.
- Support PV&V activities for after treatment performance, engine calibration and durability testing, vehicle functional mules, and other general troubleshooting activities. Mentor others in the team and assume training responsibilities when necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership in continuous refinement and improvement of calibration methods and procedures.
- What It Takes
- We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment
- Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience in a related career field.
A strong candidate will have some of the following:
Thanks & Regards,
- Experience with engine and combustion principles and emissions control technologies. Knowledge of electronic engine control systems and calibration techniques.
- Exposure and proficiency with engine test lab equipment, data acquisition, and data analysis tools. Experience with diesel engines design and development, engine subsystem, or component development and qualification.
- Expert knowledge of DIAdem, MATLAB tools, or other data analysis software.
- Ability and willingness to work some off-shift hours to support multiple shift operation.
- Working knowledge of GT-Power (and GT-Suite in general). Design for Six Sigma, Six Sigma, or Systems Engineering Experience.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 2 or more years' engine test/development experience in the industry.
- This position will require the purchase of personal metatarsal support/steel toe safety shoes/boots. Other personal protective equipment will be provided by the company for use on the job.
- Prefer someone with 2 years or so, but would potentially someone more entry level if they had applicable project and/or intern type experience.
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.507.7586 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.artech.com