|Reference # : ||18-36388
||Title : ||Financial Analyst - II|
Foster City, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||06/19/2018 / 12/13/2019
| Description |
|Job Title: Financial Analyst - II|
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Length of Assignment: 18 Months
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
Client's is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst II to join the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) Finance organization, based in Foster City, CA. The individual will provide project management and operational support to the PDM Finance team, primarily supporting Edmonton site; specifically he/she will be responsible for actively supporting the execution of project related ERP upgrade activities and providing financial management and business support for the month end close and reporting process, forecast development, and other related reporting and analytical tasks as required.
A summary of key characteristics includes:
Project Management: The candidate must possess the ability to actively support the execution of projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders. This includes providing guidance on project scope and timelines, integrating the work of multiple teams into project deliverables, and ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects and take ownership of issues and resolve them in a timely manner. A "can-do" attitude is an absolute must.
Willingness to be hands-on: The individual must have a willingness to become involved in operations to understand the processes to provide value added financial support.
Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and other partners. The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Establishes strong partnerships with the PDM Finance organization to provide comprehensive financial support and ongoing analytics for key strategic initiatives as well as day-to-day operations.
• Support key PDM projects. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and other partners to drive forward the execution of projects, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
• Drives development of meaningful financial analyses and creates effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations.
• Support PDM financial reporting including planning and delivery of management reporting packages for budgeting, monthly close and other corporate requirements.
• Delivers accurate and timely management reporting to drive discussions on business trends, forecast accuracy and upcoming projects/activities.
• Support ad hoc requests and ongoing analytics support to assist the PDM finance organization with tactical and strategic decision making processes.
• Ensures activities are compliant with internal controls, company policies and procedures including the Worldwide Controller's Policies.
Knowledge, Experience and Skillsets:
• 6+ years of relevant experience in an accounting and financial planning and analysis role, with a BA or BS degree.
• Must have proficiency with Oracle, Hyperion, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
• Excellent analytical and modelling skills, strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and sold understanding of finance concepts.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are must.
• Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
• Excellent interpersonal (team player/ability to work cross functionally) skills required.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work remotely to provide support across different geographic sites.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can reach out to me on #973-967-3412