|Reference # : ||18-37922
||Title : ||IT Scientific Programmer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/17/2018 / 01/16/2019
| Description |
|Job Title: IT Scientific Programmer|
Work Location: Princeton, NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 Months
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
TCAE is a new and growing team that provides quick-turnaround, innovative analytic and technology enablement solutions to accelerate or scale high-value exploratory, regulatory and decision making support projects for Translational and Clinical Advanced Analytics teams.
The IT Scientific Programmer role will fulfill rapid development requests for the scientific analytic communities within the Translational Medicine and Clinical Development domains. The incumbent will develop and/or contribute to the creation and implementation of Libraries, Data Preparation Tools, Data/Analytic Pipelines and/or Data/Analytic Solutions within days and weeks as opposed to months and years.
• Rapidly develop data and analytic enablement solutions based on requests received by the IT Plan and respective Business Units in the Translational and Clinical Analytic domains.
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex scientific requirements to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions.
• Develop, optimize and test new/existing scientific analytics utilities/modules based in R, Python, Linux Shell Scripts, Matlab or other appropriate languages.
• Develop, optimize and test new/existing R, Python and/or Matlab database utilities that will automate and streamline the reading and writing of data from/to the system database.
• Develop, optimize and test new/existing visualization utilities via Spotfire, R/Shiny, Python and/or Matlab that interface directly with the respective data sources.
• Develop, optimize and test new R and/or Python packages based on requests received.
• Enable users to leverage Auto-Scaling High Performance Computing platforms based in the Client Research Cloud (Amazon Web Services) and contribute to the following, but not limited to:.
o Data Workflow/Pipeline which includes pre and post processing of data/results.
o Environment Optimization of various computational solvers (e.g. CVODE, etc...).
• Where appropriate, develop, update and maintain system documentation such as user/admin guides, Installation Qualification/Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) scripts, system/user acceptance test scripts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) / Work Instructions (WI), requirements specifications and traceability matrices.
• Partner with other functional groups when required (e.g. Infrastructure, IT Plan, IT Build/Run End-Users, etc...) during the development, testing and implementation project phases to ensure systems are delivered according to the requirement specifications and expectations.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field with extensive experience or Scientific Computing. Advanced degree preferred. A minimum of 7 to 10 years of information management and informatics work experience within Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry and proven track record of strong delivery.
• Must be proficient in programming in R, Python, Matlab, SAS, SQL or similar programming language and has developed libraries and/or packages.
• Must be proficient in optimizing computational solver environments in Linux based High Performance Computing platforms.
• Experience in the following is a plus: Amazon Web Services, Oracle/MySQL/AWS RDS DB, Linux Shell Scripting, Linux OS, Sun Grid Engine (or similar high-end scheduler), StarCluster.
• Must possess the willingness to diversify skills and champion new innovations and solutions for the client.
• Demonstrated success serving as a scientific programmer in one or more systems modeling projects in the related field.
• Must be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience in all aspects of the software development process, including requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, release, and maintenance.
• Demonstrated success in delivering complex IT solutions following a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Must be a domain expert in the Translation Medicine and/or Clinical space within R&D.
• Must be pragmatic about the tradeoffs between features, quality and timeliness.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at email@example.com or they can reach out to me on #973-967-3412