|Reference # : ||18-37133
||Title : ||DevOps Consultant|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/28/2018
| Description |
|Job title: DevOps Consultant|
Duration: Long term
Location Sunnyvale CA
· Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning
· Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improve overall performance and reliability.
· Support and improve internal tools for deployment of the shared Infrastructure.
· Implement and maintain tools for proactive monitoring, planning, and performance tuning of the internal Infrastructure.
· Perform complex day to day troubleshooting and resolution of Infrastructure issues (Network, Storage, Servers,OS, Applications, etc.).
· Expand and evolve internal Infrastructure in a scalable, highly available, and distributed fashion.
· Be able to keep a cool head under "fire” and take part in a shared weekly guru rotation.
· Effectively interact with other development organizations in order to accomplish shared projects successfully.
Nice to have
· Create Architecture, Designs and Documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of the developer Infrastructure.
· Perform requirements gathering and analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
· Design, implementation and maintenance of automation and configuration management for all levels of development Infrastructure.
· Refine and enhance processes that allow for proper testing and validation of releases that go from development to staging to production environments.
· 7+ years of experience working in large, high-volume, production distributed environments.
· 5+ years of hands on Linux administration experience (CentOS/RedHat/SUSE preferred).
· Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple areas of infrastructure (Servers, Storage, Networking, vSphere, etc.).
· Good understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking concepts (Subnets, VLANs, Jumbo Frames, LACP, NIC
Teaming, Unicast/Broadcast/Multicast, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, SSH, etc.).
· Scripting Experience – (Python, Shell preferred).
· Must be an eager self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to operate independently without much supervision. Should be able to multi-task effectively and finish projects in a timely fashion.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including documentation and the ability to interact effectively with executives and engineers.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.