|Reference # : ||18-37012
||Title : ||Developer (Specialty) III|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/12/2018 / 01/12/2019
| Description |
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Duration: 6 month contract
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
We are seeking experienced Java engineers who want to work on an agile development team. Our
application stack includes (among other things) Java, Spring, Cassandra and RabbitMq. We also
develop UI with ReactJS.
MUST have skills
- At least eight years of relevant systems software engineering experience and a BS/MS in computer
- science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience).
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with service development, REST, HTTP, Java, Spring, NoSQL, XML, JSON.
- Knowledge of and working experience with open source software (e.g. Spring, Apache, Tomcat,
- Experience working with Linux.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
Nice to Have
- Experience with TDD, Agile, Paired Programming.
- Aggressive Refactoring.
- Any level of experience with NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with ReactJS.
- Experience with RabbitMq, IBM MQ.
- Knowledge of modern Deployment and Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Docker.
- Ability and aptitude to dig into and solve challenging problems and proactively avoid problems.
- Scripting, automation and troubleshooting of processes and systems; scripting in the shell and at
- least one of the following: Groovy, Ruby, Perl or Python.
- Networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components.
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
What are the soft skills that you feel candidate's must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- You will be part of cross-functional team, will contribute to all aspects of software development and
- Enthusiastic and excited about technology.
- Flexible, dependable and know how to have fun while getting a lot done.
- Open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas.
- Positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder.
- Aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- Strive to constantly improve yourself and your team.
- Based on your experience, what is your most- and least-favorite thing about pair programming?
- How much pairing would you do in a typical day of your ideal job?
- What causes you to refactor?
- How often do you refactor?
- When would you not refactor?
- Testing How do you confirm the quality of the software you write?
- What aspects of technology and software development are currently exciting to you?
90 minute on-site