Job Title: Java Developer
Job Duration: 6 month contract
Location: Richfield, MN
MUST have skills
· Must have 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
· BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
· Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
· Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
· Aggressive Refactoring
· High comfort level with Unix
· Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
· Experience in the use of containers for deployment
· Experience with API's
· Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
· Experience with containerized applications
· Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
· Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
· Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
· Pair Programming (Social skills)
· Test Driven Development (TDD)
· Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
· Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
· Experience with Ruby or Node
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
· Social Skills
· Sense of humor
Must be submitted on resume, no exceptions!
1. Based on your experience, what is your most- and least-favorite thing about pair programming?
2. How much pairing would you do in a typical day of your ideal job?
3. Is simplicity a feature of a system?
4. How do you deal with ambiguous requirements?
5. How often do you refactor?
6. How do you approach technical debt and what are some plans you've made to deal with it?
Interview Process Overview:
45-minute phone interview with Hacker Rank followed by 90 minutes in person panel interview