|Reference # : ||18-37006
||Title : ||Developer (Specialty) IV|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/12/2018 / 01/31/2019
| Description |
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Duration: 6 month contract
Location: Richfield, MN
What would a normal day for this position look like??
75% of the time actually doing the developing
The remainder of the day is Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, and Design Sessions
MUST have skills
10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
High comfort level with Unix
Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
Pair Programming (Social skills)
Test Driven Development (TDD)
Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
Must be submitted on resume, no exceptions!
- Based on your experience, what is your most- and least-favorite thing about pair programming?
- How much pairing would you do in a typical day of your ideal job?
- Is simplicity a feature of a system?
- How do you deal with ambiguous requirements?
- How often do you refactor?
- How do you approach technical debt and what are some plans you've made to deal with it?
Interview Process Overview:
45 minute phone interview with Hacker Rank followed by 90 minute in person panel interview