|Reference # : ||18-33135
||Title : ||Billing Services Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||05/01/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: Medical Billing Services Specialist|
Position Type: Contract to Hire
Location : Renton WA
We are seeking a Billing Services Specialist to add to our Billing Services Team.
They will be working directly with the Billing Services Supervisor to help track the daily work activities that are performed by the team as well as ensure that all facility accounts are current each month.
They will also be responsible for pulling monthly charges, creating and sending out 100+ monthly invoices to facility payers.
There is a strong emphasis on resolving account delinquency and arranging payment in order to minimize loss to the organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Advise Facility Payees and Genoa Directors of Operation of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Help the Billing Services Supervisor provide quality control of facility account/insurance related billing and issues.
- Identify potential issues and opportunities with recommending end result solutions and have the ability to recognize when a problem needs to be escalated to the Billing Services Supervisor.
- Ability to interact with other departments in a professional manner.
- Help ensure that all invoicing and collections effort is completed each month.
- Pull monthly charges from ProScript2000 for Facility Payees and create monthly invoices using the Open Item Report and Gross Margin by RX Report.
- Follows appropriate procedures for follow-up on Facility payment and collection of overdue open item balances including recording information regarding status of collection efforts.
- Open Item A/R review; Locate and monitor overdue accounts, review A/R spreadsheets, research and resolution of charges (pulling checks, verify payment info, etc.)
- Re-bill, transfer, adjust, and write-offs charges in ProScript System.
- Reviews and resolves problems concerning the provision of pharmacy services which impact the ability to collect charges.
- Uphold Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA compliance guidelines in relation to billing, collections, and PHI information.
- Provide coverage for fellow teammates when they are out of the office.
- Have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Billing Services Supervisor, Billing Services Lead, or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and a strong understanding of reimbursement and AR aging.
- Experience with billing and collections in the healthcare or pharmacy field required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with intermediate level of Excel and understanding of pivot tables required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment on a high level. Customer Service Experience required.
- Ability to adapt, organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast paced environment.
Artech Consulting LLC, formerly Vega Consulting LLC
600 108th Avenue NE, Suite 250 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Office: 973.967.3534 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.artechconsultingllc.com