|Reference # : ||18-34084
||Title : ||Accountant - III|
Foster City, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||06/11/2018 / 08/29/2019
| Description |
|Job Title: Accountant - III|
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Length of Assignment: 12 Months
Position Type: Contract Full Time
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
Specific Responsibilities: Client is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for for recording asset additions, depreciation, disposals, and capitalization of construction in progress (CIP) in the North America region. In addition, the Fixed Assets Senior Accountant will provide support to FP&A Analysts for the recording of fixed assets and monitoring of construction in progress through Oracle Projects. In this role the successful candidate will:
• Partner with colleagues in other functions to coordinate the capitalization of fixed asset acquisitions in accordance with US GAAP and company policies.
• Review fixed asset supporting documentation, and record fixed asset acquisitions and capital projects in Oracle through Oracle Projects (OPC).
• Review the compilation of project costs in the CIP accounts in OPC, and reconcile the CIP accounts to the general ledger monthly.
• Provide accounting support to Functional FP&A Analysts for any questions relating to capitalization rules.
• Review account coding on Purchase Orders for Capital Spending prior to management approval.
• Monitor the closure of CIP projects in OPC once the related projects have been completed.
• Run depreciation in Oracle Fixed Assets, review for reasonableness, and post to the general ledger.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger.
• Conduct periodic impairment inquiries for capital assets.
• Maintain SOX controls, desktop procedures for capital assets.
• Recommend any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets as appropriate.
• Conduct a periodic review and analyses of the Fixed Assets Register.
• Prepare fixed asset schedules for Internal Audit, SOX, and SEC teams, and respond to inquiries.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Performs and possibly supervises accounting sub-function and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results.
• Coordinates schedules, activities and reports with other departments.
• Establishes and maintains operating procedures within the context of existing SOX controls and company policies.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the month-end close and accounting transactions.
• Maintains, reconciles and resolves reconciling items for balance sheet accounts.
• Responsible for preparing analysis and schedules for management as well as internal and external auditors.
• Frequently interacts with peers, outside vendors, external auditors and functional group members at various management levels.
• May be asked to train employees in other functions on the proper use of accounting software and tools.
• Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations or providing technical information concerning specific projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent.
• Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects.
• Strong technical expertise in their area of responsibility is required.
• Ability to identify trends through analysis of various data.
• Working knowledge of Oracle R12 or similar integrated software product is necessary.
• Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
• Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
If you are interested in this job than please send me your most updated resume on email@example.com or you can reach me at #973-507-7579