• Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering
• 4-6 years of experience with managing large clusters for technologies such as- Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, Solr.
• 2-3 years of experience writing automation under Cloudformation, Terraform, chef, and running data platform in AWS/Azure.
• 6-8 years' experience with Linux Server platform designing secure, reliable, highly available, performant data services.
• 2-4 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
• Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
• 3 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment(oncall)
• Thourough understanding in Security implmentations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
• Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
• Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
• Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
• Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relavant usecases.
• Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
• Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networkiong(VPC,security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
• History of having architected solutions in the cloud(AWS), Cloud Migration project(AWS)
• AWS certification
• Cassandra Certification
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Masters of Science degree in computer science or equiv
Responsible for keeping existing systems operating and working properly.
Working from the OS level up to the database cluster (manage that entire service).
Lot of work on the OS side and the automation side.
AWS migration experience preferred, but will accept Azure and Google experience.
Additional duties include building new clusters and interacting with application developer. Experience with cloud formation (i.e. Chef, however, terreform is good).
Solid communication skills required as there is a lot of cross collaboration with various teams.
This is an on call position managing on prem and cloud.
The role build, configure and maintain multiple Cassandra and MongoDB clusters for critical Enterprise Tech applications.
The role also supports other segment Cassandra deployments which are classified as guest facing tier-1 apps.
The person is responsible to meet and understand the application's requirement and design/implement solutions accordingly.