This person provides professional, specialized skills in information technology (IT) infrastructure operations and security. The individual is responsible for bringing subject matter expertise and hands on experience in network / platform security with VMware NSX expertise and/or Palo Alto Firewall expertise. Must work as an IT operational lead, in direct cooperation with client professionals on the implementation of security capabilities to enhance the client's overall security posture.
Participates in major security project assignments to:
• Drive the technical implementation of security tools and capabilities, including requirements, design, risk considerations and physical implementation support.
• Interface with client architects and engineers to build, gather feedback, reach consensus, and explain the proposed design to a technical and non-technical audience
• Provide network security, end-point security and firewall security requirements, design, development and implementation capabilities and experience.
• Understand and communicate common practices for various network, end-point and firewall security implementations
• Team with IT stakeholders on key infrastructure and application decisions to facilitate informed decisions that may impact security and the user experience
• Liaises across Technology including infrastructure, applications, development, and data centers. Partners with business stakeholders across all areas of the company
• Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
• Understand complex business and information technology management processes while tailoring security related recommendations, strategies, and solution threads
• Communicate appropriately and effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Assist in the selection and tailoring of security approaches, methods, and tools to support client engagements
• Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
• Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
• Prior experience writing and interpreting requirements for the implementation of network security and controls, end point security and firewall appliances and systems
• Experience with network design including LAN, WAN and DMZ
• 6-10+ years of experience in information security, network operations and network design
• BA/BS in information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, specifically in network, end-point and firewall technologies, including executive reporting and presentations of new ideas
• Industry experience in Life Sciences is a plus, but not required
• 25-40% travel may be required outside Foster City, CA