|Reference # : ||17-93926
||Title : ||Senior Consultant|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||12/21/2017
| Description |
Job Title: Sr. Mainframe consultant
location: Raleigh NC
Duration - long term
Minimum 10 to 20 Years of Experience.
Scope of Work
The scope of effort includes all items identified below. The candidate needs to have a good level working knowledge of the Mainframe z/OS and Network identified within.
In support of the task, the candidate shall perform the activities such as those described within.
Work Experience Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Drive architecture roadmap, reference architecture and standard efforts. Provide leadership in all technical aspects of assigned projects, programs and portfolios
Architect complex end-to-end solutions across distributed, host and business intelligence environments
Functional experience is required with the following technologies:
- Configuration and administration of IBM z/OS mainframe network software.
- Configuration and administration of network related 3rd party system software.
- Provision of technical support for Mainframe Networking issues during the normal working day and out of hours on call support.
- Act as a Mainframe Networking resource for internal and external projects.
- Monitor the performance of mainframe networking components and instigate remedial action.
- Production of clear technical documentation as appropriate
- Compliance with all local, regional, global and regulatory policies, processes and procedures.
- Experienced technician with basic skills in most and more advanced skills in some of the following:
- TCP/IP and associated products/protocols
- SNA, VTAM, APPN/Enterprise Extender
- Connect Direct and other file transfer products
- Session Management products eg. TPX, Teleview, CL/Supersession
- Network Management products eg. NETVIEW, Netmaster/TCPIP
- Print server products eg. VPS
- Must be a self-starter, but also a completer/finisher who ensures that tasks/projects are fully completed with the necessary updates to documentation.
- Well organized and able to keep a number of activities in progress in parallel, balancing priorities as necessary, in particular between support and project work.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels while working either individually or as a team player is essential.
- Strong English language skills are a requirement for this role.