|Reference # : ||17-90891
||Title : ||BI Software Development Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||4 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||11/13/2017 / 10/31/2019
| Description |
|Company: Artech Consulting LLC|
Position: Dev Ops Engineer
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Reference Code: 17-90891
DevOps / Sys Admin
Collectively, our client’s brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive.
They are seeking a motivated and energetic DevOps Engineer who can assist with the design and implementation of their cloud-based infrastructure and workflows while simultaneously supporting and improving their existing systems and services.
Are you an experienced Systems Engineer with a Linux administrator skillset paired with a solid understanding of automation and configuration management technologies? Does the challenge of automating infrastructure and streamlining continuous application deployments excite you? If yes, then come join our team as we ramp up automation, infrastructure as code, server-less technologies, and continuous deployment in our organization.
To be successful, you'll need to be self-motivated and driven; you’re fascinated by new tools and technologies, but understand and respect the importance of learning, supporting, and improving existing systems. You require very little management direction; you know what needs to be done and how to accomplish it expeditiously. You own your area, becoming a subject matter expert in the tools and the systems you support. Ultimately, you care about the user's experience coupled with our client’s product sustainability and reliability.
- Help design, scale, and automate the management of cloud infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to roll out new technology.
- Assist in development of automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, configure, scale and monitor their cloud applications.
- Actively participate in team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Perform system monitoring and maintenance, including basic system administration on Windows and Linux, and reviewing system and application logs.
- Ability to apply creative engineering and analytical/troubleshooting skills to resolve hard problems.
- Manage Tier II and Tier III ticket escalations and perform on-call duties as needed.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with AWS (Specifically EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Route53, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, API Gateway, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience with a programming or scripting language such as Python, PowerShell, or node.JS.
- Experience administrating Linux-based systems
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and root out inefficiencies.
- Strong understanding of network protocols and client-server communication, including HTTP, DNS, SSL, SSH, and TCP/IP.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Solid experience with networking technologies (switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing).
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Bellevue, WA 98004
email@example.com | 425.289.2664
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for over 5,800 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 65 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and this may be your opportunity to join us!
Want to read more about Artech?
Click here to visit our website or click on the following links to read what others are saying about us: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes (1) (2), BusinessWire, Entrepreneur, Better Business Bureau, Hoovers, Diversity Careers(1) (2), The Artech Circle, NJTVOnline, The Business Forum Show, and SIA: “Above the Crowd.”
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube