|Reference # : ||17-90910
||Title : ||Digital Accessibility PM|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/18/2017 / 06/30/2018
| Description |
Company: Artech Consulting LLC, Artech Information Systems Company
Position: Digital Accessibility SME/PM
Job Reference Code: 17-73933
- Are you passionate and have empathy for the experience on the web for customers with disabilities? Are you a mature, technical, experienced professional capable of auditing digital sites and suggesting improvements and code changes to improve accessibility for websites working across different disciplines (e.g. management, design, content, publishing, engineering)? Do you work best in collaborative, inclusive teams and possess strong communication skills when conveying your site audit results and recommendations to Site Owners and their teams? Then read on!
- Identify the top problem areas or issues impacting the website customer experience for customers with disabilities and drive the appropriate changes that will have a broad impact on the customers’ perception and experience of our sites.
- Be recognized and act as an accessibility and usability subject matter authority for web experiences, staying ahead of industry trends and best practices. Ability to use your expertise to review, assess, and make detailed recommendations to improve individual components of digital properties. Work closely with other accessibility, design and usability specialists within the organization.
- Be collaborative and inclusive with the Accessibility team and all other partner teams. Communicate and interact with respect and professionalism.
Thanks & Regards
- 3-5 years of experience directly in the Web Accessibility space.
- Passion for technology, Accessibility and overall quality of the organization’s web experience.
- Empathy for customers with disabilities and how important a role Accessibility plays.
- Demonstrated experience working and partnering directly with communities of consumers with disabilities.
- Capability to develop and execute against a long-term vision of success, while ensuring successful completion of short-term objectives.
- Ability to represent the company and the complexities of Accessibility to technical and non-technical audiences – including Site Owners and their teams from varying skillsets.
- Experience with web publishing process—from content strategy thru to localization and publishing.
- Required experience in website/page QA testing and more specifically, in testing sites for accessibility problems using JAWS, NVDA, Dragon, etc. screen readers and speech recognition software
- Experience with ARIA, accessible HTML/JS, mobile accessibility.
- Experience with Accessibility standards and guidelines such as WCAG 2.0 Level AA, BBC mobile standard, UAG and ATAG guidelines
- Familiarity with free and paid tools in the market for accessibility evaluations and improvements;
- Candidate must be able to read and edit HTML and CSS code
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- The individual selected for this position should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Bellevue, WA 98004
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for over 5,800 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 65 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and this may be your opportunity to join us!
Want to read more about Artech?
Click here to visit our website or click on the following links to read what others are saying about us: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes (1) (2), BusinessWire, Entrepreneur, Better Business Bureau, Hoovers, Diversity Careers(1) (2), The Artech Circle, NJTVOnline, The Business Forum Show, and SIA: “Above the Crowd.”
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube