|Reference # : ||17-91267
||Title : ||Mainframe Configuration Engineer|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/11/2017 / 12/03/2018
| Description |
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: Mainframe configuration Engineer
Job ID: 17-90558
Location: Work From Home (Remote)
Duration: 12 Months (Possible Extension)
Client is looking for Mainframe Configuration Engineer
- Provide Mainframe Configuration Management Support for Client Internal and Commercial customers.
- The Mainframe Configuration Management Team is responsible for the designing, planning, and implementing of the physical and logical configurations of hardware, software and network components and the way these resources are interrelated.
- Designing I/O configurations, by providing input, based on an agreed upon architectural plan
- Developing and implementing Configuration Management standards
- Maintaining configuration information
- Determining the physical and logical specifications of the configurations
- Building or preparing the actual configuration components to be implemented
- Collaborating with appropriate hardware groups, vendors, support groups, etc.
- Implementing new I/O GENs
- Managing ESCON/FICON Directors
- Managing HMC Reset and Image Profiles
- Managing OSA-ICC configurations
- Provide technical support to Data Center Operations and Hardware Planners / Architects.
- Provide technical justifications for hardware upgrades.
- Work closely with hardware and software vendors regarding problem resolution and new products and services.
- Provide management reports regarding the mainframe systems as necessary.
- Provide 24 hour technical support for the customer mainframe systems.
- Specific knowledge of the z/OS, z/Linux base operating system command knowledge used to monitor, maintain, control and perform problem determination procedures for mainframe configurations.
- Specific knowledge of Z/OS, z/Linux related products such as HCD, ISPF, TSO, Parallel Sysplex, etc.
- Working knowledge of all software/hardware components of the customer Z/OS,z/Linux systems such as the HMC, Coupling Facilities, FICON/ESCON, and CTC’s.
- Demonstrate expertise in written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand technical direction
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Anurag.firstname.lastname@example.org / 973.967.3462
Team Lead- US Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3462 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Anurag.Pal@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for over 5,800 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 65 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and this may be your opportunity to join us!
Want to read more about Artech?
Click here to visit our website or click on the following links to read what others are saying about us: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes (1) (2), BusinessWire, Entrepreneur, Better Business Bureau, Hoovers, Diversity Careers(1) (2), The Artech Circle, NJTVOnline, The Business Forum Show, and SIA: “Above the Crowd.”
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube