|Reference # : ||21-01013
||Title : ||Agency & Trust Officer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/22/2021 / 01/21/2022
| Description |
Agency & Trust Officer
Day-to day responsibilities
- Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub perform the contractual obligation activities for more than 300 contracts for the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil and Argentina.
- Our business handles a wide variety of types of contracts. No contract is the same; all are tailor made, according to the needs of the clients.
- Each Latin America Country has their own regulations that the candidates must to understand, has a comprehensive knowledge, and be aware of each change of the regulation.
- The candidate must have good skills in learning the different systems depending on the country that will be under his/her responsibility.
- Keep in mind that the candidate will have a short learning curve, due to the complex and dynamic nature of the business. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of this challenge.
- The candidate have to have the ability to work (monitoring) closely with the team in order to ensure that all the process and activities have dully executed without error and losses.
Accounting, Payments and Reconciliation
- Read, analyze, and understand the different contracts for each clients in different jurisdictions.
- According to the lecture of each contract, provide the necessary comments to the checklist provided (Transactional Checklist, Documentation Checklist, Deal Implementation checklist, Termination Checklist, and Accounting guideline).
- Review and approve the operational activities into the Issuer Services Workstation platform according to the transactional Checklist.
- Review, and approve the evidence of each task performed into the system or Sharedrive.
- Review and approve the day-to-day activities according to the contractual obligations for each client, using our core system as tickler.
- Perform collateral obligations accordingly to contract rules (calculation, waterfall, notifications, etc.)
- Review and approve billing process.
- Review and approve the information of the instructions received by the client into the payment system, in order to make the distributions of funds (domestic transfers, Checks, International transfers, book to book) according to the contracts.
- Review and approve accounting entries, into the core system, according to the contract obligations.
- Record the commissions and their monthly accrual according to the Fee Schedule of each contract.
- Ensure to complete control log on a daily basis, in order to assurance that all instructions received were performed.
- On a daily basis, balance the accounts of the different A&T contracts.
- Act as account owner of the balance sheet review in the E-recon system, with the supporting documentation.
- Produce local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators for Latin American Countries.
- Review and approve the monthly (internal) financial statements of the trust agreements.
- Review and approve metrics and its controls related to all activities performed as defined by bank Policies or internal decision.
- Review and approve the reports for each Latin American Countries: a) Billing Report, b) Aging Report, c) Account balance reports, among others.
- On a daily basis, Review and approve (depending of the role) the activities performed during the day through the operational checklist of the area.
- Review and approve operational deal implementation and deal termination activities related to the Agency & Trust product in Latin America.
- Provide assistance regarding Projects related to Agency & Trust business.
- Support LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to - end, including the process of coordinating with other teams based on a different country.
- Update of procedures, instructions, manuals and checklist of the area.
- Be aware of the emails received from internal and external clients, and provide a response in a timely manner.
- Work on holidays and at different time-zones to service the respective Latin American countries.
- Act as backup of other colleagues of the area.
- Review and approve all the evidence for the Self-Assessment process in the systems.
- Provide support in any other activity that is assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Specialization in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting.
- Preferable experience in Agency and Trust business in a financial institution (Capital Markets and Fiduciary Products)
- Minimum 3 Years' experience in the financial service industry.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese (desirable)
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work properly and effectively as a member of the Operations Team, aimed at achieving the group's objectives.
- Ability to produce high quality work under rigid time constraints.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in giving presentations to all level and communicate effectively.
- Excellent client relationship skills, as will be having daily interaction
- Proven interpersonal skills. Customer focused. Highly organized and proactive.
- Quick learner. Ability for a good understanding of activities, policies, procedures, regulations of different countries and concepts of the work area.
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents.
- This position requires the use of multiples systems at the same time, in that sense the candidate must have the ability to absorb the modules and commands of the systems that will be used on a day-to-day basis.
- This position requires knowledge of the bank's policies, in order to execute the activities aligned to it. In that sense, the candidate must have the ability to fully understand the policies that govern our business, and be updated of changes in them.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: