|Reference # : ||17-00633
||Title : ||General Professional Role|
Long Island City, NY
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||05/08/2017 / 02/20/2018
| Description |
Investment Bank INNOVATION LAB
The Consumer Innovation Labs position Investment Bank as a disruptive thought leader by accelerating innovation on our journey to win a customer-centric, digital world.
With very little upfront investment, the Labs are able to test new ideas and solve critical business problems by co-creating with customers in a fail-early, fail-smart process.
The Labs build Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) that are customer-tested and technology-proven, preparing our business partners to be able to quickly and confidently develop Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) of successful concepts to pilot in market. Failed POCs create learning and development that inform future explorations. This work is accomplished by a dedicated Labs team of business, product, design, and technology experts in collaboration with internal and external partners, enabling Investment Bank to continually go beyond customer expectations.
Are you passionate about designing remarkable customer experiences that leverage technology in productive and meaningful ways? Do you want to help grow an iconic, global brand that enables millions of people to accomplish amazing things?
As a User Experience Engineer at Investment Bank, you will combine your passions for digital innovation, conceptual thinking, pixel-perfect design, and flawless delivery to create innovative UX experiences and prototypes. You will work with internal stakeholders to understand what drives their business, reach a shared vision of how to solve problems while serving their customers, and ultimately to help them to succeed.
You will be expected to lead by example by constantly developing your own craft skills and stay ahead of new design trends and techniques.
The responsibilities of a UX Engineer include:
- Invent and inspire customer experiences and user flows that are disruptive, simple, and bold by design.
- Work with a small group of agile team members consisting of Creatives, Strategists, Product Owners and Project Managers to ideate & develop effective, compelling, innovative customer experiences across all channels.
- Create architectural diagrams, flowcharts, sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes and demos
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, project parameters and be able to creatively problem solve.
- Embrace and apply Design Thinking principles with Lean UX methodologies.
- Develop original interaction and design concepts and help manage the project through completion.
- Experiment with new tools and techniques and share your learning.
- Engage in all aspects of the project.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives.
Experience and requirements:
- 3-5+ years UX design/interactive prototyping experience
- Front-end development experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Design, User Experience or Computer Science related field.
- Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on implementing pixel accurate UX solutions.
- Experience defining interaction models, creating userflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Advanced understanding of interaction design, IA, and designing intuitive user interfaces and navigation for mobile.
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to rapid prototype creative concepts is a must.
- Full stack development experience a plus.
- You posses a strong curiosity and desire to make the complex clear.
- You do whatever it takes to get things done, there is no job too small or too big.
- You always keep the end-user in mind when designing a solution.
- You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
- You have a collaborative working style; focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
- You are open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance.
- You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
- You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
- You are detailed oriented and can find clarity despite ambiguity.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: